* Updated entry with links to materials on bibliographies, resources, and readings suggested by the speakers.
Seminar of Young Researchers
You must escape to the alternative of the outside and the inside; it must be in the borders. […] It is, in sum, to transform the critique exerted in the form of the limitation is necessary, in a practical critique that takes the form of a transgression is possible.
This 2013 the Seminar Experiences Research will focus on investigations developed on the periphery of the academic or beyond its borders. It is part of the learning accumulated in the editions of 2010, 2011 and 2012.
This year, immersed in a deep social crisis derived from the policy response to the bursting financial, the organizers consider that it is necessary to focus the gaze in other places, non-hegemonic development of social science research. This formulation seems to make sense in a time of direct attack on the public university on the part of regional governments and state. These attacks, accompanied by a management interested, irresponsible, and subject to diminished internal dynamics, cancelled summarily the character of “public ” of all and for all” of academic research.
More information at:
- Wiki of the Seminar
Calendar of Sessions
Paths, mazes, and vicious circles: an experience from feminist economics
– Lives livable and production impossible (2012)
– Feminism, anti-capitalist, That Scandalous Thing, and other palabros (2010)
– Crossing borders II: migration and development from a gender perspective,” (with Denise Paiewonsky and Mar García, un-INSTRAW, 2008)
– Feminist perspectives about the Economy: The Case of Care (THESIS, 2006)
– Care of globalized (Precarias a la Deriva, 2004)
– Interview to A. Orozco in Diagonal:
– Blog “Lives Poor”:
Democracy in action. A view from the participatory methodologies
Concha Lorenzana (Antigone Participatory Processes)
E. Ganuza, L. Olivari, Paul Cloth, Light Buitrago, Conception Lorenzana, democracy in action. A view from the participatory methodologies, Atígona, participatory processes.
All the information about the participatory workshop Moves The Audience in the blog:
You can also view the videos of the workshop on Bambuser:
Also share the interesting research initiative of two colleagues around the game:
Militancy researcher against the raids racist
Brigades, Neighborhood-based Human Rights monitoring
– Report 2010/2011:
– Report 2011/2012:
Two experiences of publication, production and distribution of knowledge
Traficantes de Sueños publishing and Magazine Crossroads
Estalella Fernández, Adolfo. 2013. “For a Science in the Draft” (Editorial), Teknokultura, vol 10, no. 1, pp. 15-20:
Greene, Ricardo and Diego Campos. 2012. “On the evaluation of the academic production” (Editorial) Bifurcations, no. 11:
Mateos, Shell. 2013. “The intelligence of destroying the public in science”. In Collective Novecento:
Research activist: is too radical for the academic world? (Research-action in a palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon)
Documentary about the history of Nahr el-Bared camp:
Blog with news about Nahr el-Bared (Arabic and English)
How to put research at the service of the assemblies?
Analysis Sun 15M
Projects carried out:
Projects in progress:
Media analysis of the 11th and 12th of may, on the occasion of the #MayoGlobal2013:
AbusosPatronales.is: a commitment to making visible the abuse the workers
Enrique Martín Criado (AbusosPatronales.is)
– How it works abusospatronales.it is
– Stories of cases of abuse of the patron gathered by abusospatronales.it is
– Reports and analysis made by abusospatronales.is. Among them:
- E. Martín Criado: “financial Terrorism and degradation of the work“
- E. Martín Criado : “Open discussions that scary“.
– More about Henry Martin Raised in his profile Academia.edu.
Master’s degree in socio-Cultural Analysis of Communication and Knowledge
Department of Sociology V (Sociological Theory), University Complutense of Madrid
Sara Lafuente Funes
Carlos López Carrasco
Christian Orgaz Alonso
Javier Rujas Martínez-Novillo
- Seminar Research Experiences 2012
- Seminar Experiences Research 2011
- Seminar Theories and Methods, 2009-2010