How can you maintain correct spacing and avoid extra spaces between paragraphs?
To format paragraph spacing:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs you want to format.
- On the Home tab, click the Line and Paragraph Spacing command. Click Add Space Before Paragraph or Remove Space After Paragraph from the drop-down menu.
- The paragraph spacing will change in the document.
How do you use page breaks?
Page breaks are also used to start a chapter on a new page, a common standard in publishing. To ensure that the new chapter does appear on a separate page, insert a page break immediately following the text at the end of the chapter. To add a page break, click Insert, and Page Break, then OK.
How do I remove page breaks in Word?
Remove a page break from a Word document
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide to show all formatting marks including page breaks.
- Double-click the page break to select it, then press Delete.
- Click Show/Hide again to hide the remaining formatting marks in the document.
How do I make the first page different in pages?
On the View menu, click on Header and Footer. In the toolbar that appears, choose the Page setup image and then the tab Layout. In the menu, under Headers and footers, click the box that says Different first page.
How do I hide the header on the first page in Pages?
Hide headers and footers on the first page You can hide the header and footer on the first page of a section (every document has at least one section). Click in the section you want to edit. Click Document in the toolbar, then click Section. Select the checkbox next to “Hide on first page of section.”
How do I select a different first page in Word?
Go to Insert > Header & Footer. SelectOptions on the right side, and then select Different First Page. Select Options again, and then select Remove Page Numbers.
How do you number lines in pages?
Add line numbers to a section or to multiple sections
- Click in a section or select multiple sections.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Line Numbers.
- Click Line Numbering Options, and then click the Layout tab.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected sections.
- Click Line Numbers.