How do I choose a journal for publication?
Criteria for Evaluating a Journal
- Scientific Rigor. A key indicator of journal quality is the scientific rigor of the publications published in the journal.
- Editorial Quality.
- Peer Review Process.
- Editorial Board Members.
- Journal Reputation/Business Model.
- Author Rights and Copyright.
- Indexing Status.
How do I find the best journal?
The topics the journal publishes. If your research is applied, target a journal that publishes applied science; if it is clinical, target a clinical journal; if it is basic research, target a journal that publishes basic research. You may find it easier to browse a list of journals by subject area.
Is Elsevier a publication?
Elsevier is the world’s leading publisher of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students, and health and information professionals worldwide.
How do you know if a journal is real or fake?
6 Ways to Spot a Predatory Journal
- Always check the website thoroughly.
- Check if the journal is a member of DOAJ, COPE, OASPA or STM.
- Check the journal’s contact information.
- Research the editorial board.
- Take a look at their peer review process and publication timelines.
- Read through past issues of the journal.
What is the difference between Scopus and ISI journals?
ISI indexed journals come from all the scientific areas and have a year and a 5-year impact factor. Similarly, SCOPUS is a very large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and another respectable index considering papers (articles and conference proceedings) from all scientific areas.
Are all Elsevier journals Scopus indexed?
Elsevier prides itself on only indexing high quality publications in Scopus, and if doesn’t index all of the journals it publishes, isn’t that admitting that not all of the journals Elsevier publishes are not high quality? … So, it is a good question to ask.
How do you find a journal is Scopus indexed or not?
More videos on YouTube
- Type the URL in your address bar: www.scopus.com/sources.
- Select the Title, Publisher, or ISSN number of the targeted journal to find Scoups indexing.
- Give the targeted journal name in the Title field.
- Finally, you will get the detail about the journal with all database coverage.
How do I publish a paper in Scopus indexed journals?
Guide for how to publish paper in scopus
- Steps Involved In Publishing Your Paper In A Scopus Indexed Journal/Publication.
- Discovering Scopus Indexed Journals.
- Identifying the Best Journal/Publication That Is Scopus Indexed.
- Compose Your Research Paper As Per The Guidelines Of The Journal.
- Submitting Your Paper.
- Notification Of Acceptance From The Publisher.
What is Scopus used for?
Scopus gives you unparalleled and continuous access to critical research output from around the world. It provides the platform, tools, and insights to connect academia, government, and corporations. Together with the broader Elsevier solution portfolio, Scopus reveals more sources of funding.