How do I get into Diablo Valley College?
Apply to DVC
- Submit an application online using CCCApply at least two weeks prior to registration.
- Submit official transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Register for classes through InSite on or after your assigned registration date.
- Pay fees.
- Obtain a DVC student identification card.
How do you get and keep priority registration DVC?
Priority registration will be provided for students who have:
- a verified disability,
- maintained good academic status with the college,
- completed an intake interview with a DSS counselor, and.
- met with a DSS counselor once per year to review and update their Student Educational Contract.
What is priority registration DVC?
Priority registration allows you to register earlier so you can get into courses before they fill up. To be eligible, you must participate in orientation, complete the assessment process for math and English or ESL, and develop an education plan with your counselor.
Is Diablo Valley College a good school?
Diablo Valley College (DVC) is a very top notch junior college. Professors were great In both providing insightful lecturing and any needed help. Classes were also excellent overall. The best and most helpful thing that I experienced outside of the classroom was the available counseling.
Is Diablo Valley College free?
As part of our College Promise effort, DVC is offering the First Time + Full Time = Free Tuition (FT3) program. By completing at least 12 units, with a minimum 2.0 GPA for the spring 2021 term, you could receive a refund of your tuition!
What is priority registration CCC?
CCC uses a priority registration system. This means that class registration dates vary for students based on factors including the completion of an orientation, placement and educational plan, as well as units completed and other classifications.
How do I drop a class at DVC?
- Go to www.dvc.edu.
- Click on InSite/WebAdvisor.
- Click on InSite Portal.
- Log in to your InSite WebAdvisor account.
- Click on WebAdvisor.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on Drop Sections.
Do you have to retake a class if you get ad?
A D in a class is still (according to most schools) passing. It is a passing class so you will not need to take a summer class or retake that class. However, it is really not the end of the world, trying your best is all that matters and if that is what you did then you should be proud of yourself.
Can you get a degree with AD?
Someone could graduate with some ‘D’ grades, as long as there were enough A’s and B’s to keep the GPA above water. So if a destination school takes transfers on a course-by-course basis, D grades don’t count, but if they take the degree as a block, D’s do count.