How do I get rid of the page number on the second page?
Go to Insert > Header & Footer. SelectOptions on the right side, and then select Different First Page. Select Options again, and then select Remove Page Numbers.
How do I hide page numbers on certain pages?
How to hide page numbers for some pages in the document Word
- Instead of the automatically added page numbers, click Ctrl+F9 to add the special brackets:
- Enter IF and then again click Ctrl+9 to add PAGE field to get the current page number:
- Enter <> (not equal) and then number of the page in quotes that you want to hide, in this example, “7” :
How do I customize page numbers in Word?
To choose a format or to control the starting number, go to Header & Footer > Page Number > Format Page Numbers. To change the numbering style, select a different style in Number format. To change the starting page number of the newly created section, select Start at, and then enter a number. Select OK.
How do I change the page number in the footer in Word 2010?
To format page numbers:
- Select the header or footer that contains the page number.
- From the Design tab, select the Page Number command.
- Click Format Page Numbers.
- From the dialog box, select the desired Number format.
- Next to Start at, enter the number you want the page numbers to start with.
How do you add a footer to page 1 of 2?
If you have a header or footer already, click or tap where you want to put the page number first.
- Go to Insert > Page Number.
- Do one of the following:
- Scroll until you see Page X of Y and select a format.
- Select Close Header and Footer, or double-click anywhere outside the header or footer area.
How do I insert current page number in Word?
Insert page numbers
- Select Insert > Page Number, and then choose the location and style you want.
- If you don’t want a page number to appear on the first page, select Different First Page.
- If you want numbering to start with 1 on the second page, go to Page Number > Format Page Numbers, and set Start at to 0.
How do I get a footer on only one page?
Change or delete a header or footer on a single page
- Double-click the first page header or footer area.
- Check Different First Page to see if it’s selected. If not: Select Different First Page. Content of the header or footer on the first page is removed.
- Add your new content into the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do you put a footer on every page in Word?
Use headers and footers to add a title, date, or page numbers to every page in a document….Try it!
- Select Insert > Header or Footer.
- Select one of the built in designs.
- Type the text you want in the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer when you’re done.