How do I insert a list of tables in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do I insert a list of figures in Word 2007?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
How do you insert a table of contents in Word 2007?
Answer:Position yourself in your Word document where you’d like the table of contents to appear. Select the References tab in the toolbar at the top of the screen. Then click on the Table of Contents button in the Table of Contents group. Select Insert Table of Contents from the popup menu.
How do you set up a table of contents?
Create the table of contents
- Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document.
- Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do you write a list of tables?
- Click on the Reference tab.
- Click on Insert Table of Figures in the Captions section.
- Under General, make sure that Caption label is set to Table.
- Also make sure that Include label and number is unchecked.
- Click on Options.
- Check the Style box, and select Table title in the dropdown box.
- Click OK.
- Click on Modify.
How do I automatically number tables in Word?
One way is to use Word’s built-in numbering, in this manner:
- Insert your table as you normally would.
- Select the cells in the table that you want to have numbered.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Numbering tab, in the Paragraph group. Word adds numbering, automatically, to the selected cells.
How do I link tables in Word?
Insert the cross-reference
- In the document, type the text that begins the cross-reference.
- On the Insert tab, click Cross-reference.
- In the Reference type box, click the drop-down list to pick what you want to link to.
- In the Insert reference to box, click the information you want inserted in the document.