How do I open the Find and Replace dialog box in Word 2010?
Go to Home > Replace or press Ctrl+H. Enter the word or phrase you want to locate in the Find box. Enter your new text in the Replace box.
Where do you get the Find option in MS Word 2010?
Go to the “Home” tab menu on the Ribbon of Microsoft Word 2007/2010/2013, at the furthest right of the group is the “Editing” options. Click the Editing item, a popup menu will appear and now you can see the “Find” and “Replace” items at the top of the box.
What for Find and Replace is used in Word?
Find and Replace helps you to find words or formats in a document and can let you replace all instances of a word or format. This is particularly handy in long documents. To use Find and Replace, use the shortcut Ctrl+H or navigate to Editing in the Home tab of the ribbon, then choose Replace.
What is the shortcut for Find and Replace?
How do I get rid of Find and Replace in Word?
Of course, pressing Ctrl+H displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box. If you want to get rid of the dialog box, there are three ways you can do it. I find the easiest way is to simply press Esc. You can also press Ctrl+F4, or you can use Tab to select the Cancel button and then press Enter.
How do you use Find and Replace using wildcards in Word 2010?
How to Use Advanced Find and Replace in Word
- Click the Find list arrow.
- Select Advanced Find.
- Click the More button.
- Click the Use wildcards check box.
- (Optional) Click the Special menu to select a wildcard.
- Enter a search phrase in the Find what text field.
- Click Find Next.
How do I find and replace multiple lines in Word?
In the Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H), make sure to click the More button so that you see all options. Then use the Format button to specify the desired formatting to search for and replace with.
What is utility of find and replace in a word processor?
The utility of Find and Replace tool in a word processor is to first search for the text or phrase which we want to replace with another and then replace it with another text or phrase which is given by the user.
How do I replace in Word 2019?
Using the Find and Replace command in Word 2019
- Click the Home tab.
- Click the Replace icon in the Editing group (or press Ctrl+H).
- Click in the Find What text box and type a word or phrase to find.
- Click in the Replace With text box and type a word or phrase to replace the text you typed in Step3.
How do I use the thesaurus in Word 2010?
Using the Thesaurus in Microsoft Word 2010
- Step 1: Open your document in Word 2010.
- Step 2: Locate the word for which you wish to find a synonym, then select it with your mouse.
- Step 3: Click the Review tab at the top of the window.
- Step 4: Click the Thesaurus button in the Proofing section of the Office ribbon.
What is the use of thesaurus feature in Word 2010?
The thesaurus tool in Word 2010 allows you to select a word in your document, then look that word up in the thesaurus. You can then choose from a number of potential synonyms offered by Word and insert them in place of the selected word in your document.
How do I turn on thesaurus in Word?
- Click the word in your document that you want to look up.
- On the Review tab, click Thesaurus.
- To use one of the words in the list of results or to search for more words, do one of the following: To replace your selected word with one of the words from the list, point to it, click the down arrow, then click Insert.
What type of clicking on a word will be needed to show the synonyms?
Hold the mouse pointer over the “Synonyms >” item, hold down the CTRL key, click the left mouse button, and then start dragging the “Synonyms >” item to whatever other shortcut menu you want to add it to.
How do you insert synonym for a word without using thesaurus?
Answer:T insert synonym for a word without using thesaurus, right click on the word and select synonym….
How do I open Word Options?
To see general options for working with Word, click File > Options > General.
How many menu options are there in Microsoft Word 2010?
Which option is used to view an existing Word document?
To open an existing document: Select Computer, then click Browse. Alternatively, you can choose OneDrive (previously known as SkyDrive) to open files stored on your OneDrive. The Open dialog box appears. Locate and select your document, then click Open.
How do I open an existing document in Word 2010?
Just click on the File tab and select Recent….To open an existing document:
- Click the File tab. This takes you to Backstage view.
- Select Open. The Open dialog box appears.
- Select your document, then click Open.
How many scrollbars are there in Word 2010?
Two scroll bars