How do I protect a document in Word?
Protect a document with a password
- Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.
- Type a password, then type it again to confirm it.
- Save the file to make sure the password takes effect.
What are the steps to protect a document?
Step-1: Click on ‘File’ and then click on ‘Protect Document’. Step-2: Click on ‘Encrypt with Password’. At the next window, delete the dots that are hiding your password and then click ‘OK’. Step-3: Save the document again and close it.
What is protecting documents in MS Word explain with example?
Before you send a Microsoft Word document to another person for their comments, you can make use of a feature called Document protection. When you protect a document, the only changes that can be made to it are Tracked changes and Comments.
What is the shortcut key to save a document?
Frequently used shortcuts
|To do this||Press|
|Open a document.||Ctrl+O|
|Create a new document.||Ctrl+N|
|Save the document.||Ctrl+S|
|Close the document.||Ctrl+W|
What are the functions of CTRL A to Z?
Ctrl + V → Paste content from clipboard. Ctrl + A → Select all content. Ctrl + Z → Undo an action. Ctrl + Y → Redo an action.
What is Microsoft Word shortcut keys?
There are many general program shortcuts in Microsoft Word that make it easier for you to do everything from save your document to undo a mistake.
- Ctrl+N: Create a new document.
- Ctrl+O: Open an existing document.
- Ctrl+S: Save a document.
- F12: Open the Save As dialog box.
- Ctrl+W: Close a document.
- Ctrl+Z: Undo an action.
What are the shortcut keys for laptop?
Here are several common keyboard shortcuts:
- Copy: Ctrl + C.
- Cut: Ctrl + X.
- Paste: Ctrl + V.
- Maximize Window: F11 or Windows logo key + Up Arrow.
- Task View: Windows logo key + Tab.
- Switch between open apps: Windows logo key + D.
- Shutdown options: Windows logo key + X.
- Lock your PC: Windows logo key + L.
What are the commands in MS Word?
7 Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Word
- Ctrl + Enter: Insert page break.
- F4: Repeat your last command.
- Ctrl + F6: Cycle through your open Word docs.
- F5: Go to a page, section, line, & more.
- Alt + Shift + Left/right arrow key: Create headings.
- F12: Save as.
- Ctrl + E: Center text.
What is the shortcut key of Ctrl H?
|Shortcut key||Action||Menu equivalent comments|
|Ctrl + H||Replace||Edit, Replace|
|Ctrl + I||Italic||Format, Cells, Font, Font Style, Italic|
|Ctrl + K||Insert Hyperlink||Insert, Hyperlink|
|Ctrl + N||New Workbook||File, New|
How do you use F4?
Using the F4 key in Excel is quite easy. Think of a situation where you have been working on an Excel worksheet and you want to repeat the last action multiple times. All you need to do is press and hold Fn and then press and release the F4 key.
How do you ALT F4 on a laptop?
To work Alt+F4 combination u have to press function key also. So, U have to press Alt+F4+Fn key combination.