How do I reset my Jeep Cherokee computer?
Jeep ECU Reset Procedure
- Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable.
- Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.
- Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.
- Turn the key to on but do not start.
- Turn the headlights on.
How do I reset my Jeep computer?
Jeep Wrangler JK: How to Reset Your ECU
- Step 1 – Remove the positive (red) battery cable.
- Step 2 – Ground the red cable to the negative terminal.
- Step 3 – Reconnect the positive battery cable.
- Step 4 – Turn on your Jeep.
- Step 5 – Cycle the headlights.
- Step 6 – Turn the key off and remove.
How many miles does it take to reset a jeep computer?
Until you do the specific drive cycle the ECM is looking for it will not run/pass the monitor. Typically if you drive for 60-100 miles you will cover all your bases, so to speak, and the monitors will set. This is dependent on the make and model of automobile you are driving.
How do you clear codes on a Jeep?
To erase a code, use a scanner tool to remove that specific code. To dump all codes, remove the battery cable for 10 minutes, then reconnect. If you want to erase the adaptive memory completely and set the ECU to a new start up, remove the cable 10 minutes, reattach the cable and turn the key to the run position.
How do I check my Jeep codes?
How to Check An Engine Code
- Insert key into the ignition.
- Turn to “ON” position without starting the Jeep.
- Push the key in and turn it to “OFF” and then to “ON” three times, leaving it in the “ON” position.
How do I read my Jeep code without a scanner?
How to Read Jeep Wrangler Check Engine Light Codes Without a Scanner
- Turn the Key from OFF to ON three times.
- The last turn of the key should be in the ON position.
- The code will show for only a moment and flash P-done before going back to normal.
Can I drive my Jeep with the check engine light on?
If your check engine light is flashing in your Jeep Grand Cherokee, we highly recommend not to drive the vehicle and schedule Jeep service today. Below is a list of the most common reasons your check engine light can come on: Your catalytic converter is bad or going bad.
How do you reset the check engine light on a Jeep?
Resetting the Check Engine Light:
- Make sure the engine is not running and key is out of the ignition.
- Disconnect the battery terminals.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Reconnect battery terminals.
- Insert and turn the ignition key to the run position without starting.
- All error codes are cleared and CHECK ENGINE icon disappeared.
What does the check engine light look like on a Jeep Cherokee?
If the check engine light in your Jeep Cherokee starts flashing, that means that the problem needs sudden attention and your Jeep should be brought in today. This blinking light mostly indicates a scrupulous engine misfire allowing unused fuel to be deposited into the exhaust system.