How do I submit to the radio?
Know how to submit your music Sending an electronic press kit, music press release or one-sheet including links to 1-3 of your best tracks is the most common way to approach radio stations, as well as press publications and blogs. The key is to make your email or press pack stand out and grab their attention.
Can I send my song to radio stations?
To get your song played on the radio, either you or your radio promotion company approaches program directors/music directors at radio stations. You’ll then need to promote your song to them using a combination of press releases or one-sheets, phone calls, and faxes.
How do I submit my music to SABC radio station?
SUBMIT ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR AIRPLAY & INTERVIEWS
- Submit your track digitally to: [email protected] – preferably an MP3 not bigger than 5MB.
- Personally submit or courier two CDs to the Station’s music library.
- The Library registers the CDs in their system.
- The Library forward CDs to the Music Committee.
How do I submit music to gagasi FM?
Submit Your Music
- ABOUT YOU.
- FIRST NAME*
- LAST NAME*
- CONTACT NO*
- ABOUT THE TRACK.
- UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSION* The file must be in MP3 format and smaller than 8MB (320kbps) in filesize. Radio edits only (no explicit lyrics) Songs longer than 4 min will not be considered. Only ONE submission will be considered.
- TRACK TITLE*
How do I submit music to Phalaphala FM?
SUBMIT ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR AIRPLAY
- Drop your track off at: Phalaphala Reception,Khoroni street,Department of Water Affairs ,Thohoyandou and SABC polokwane ,19 hospital Street polokwane.
- Post your track to: Phalaphala FM, Po Box 395 Polokwane , 0699.
How do I submit music to Thobela FM?
How to submit your music
- Submit your music via email to [email protected]
- Attach an MP3 file.
- Include a short biography (optional)
- Attach artwork in your email 800 x 800 px (optional)
- No links will be accepted.
How do I submit music to Ukhozi FM?
You can call ICASA explaining your needs and hopefully they can help you: 3001.
- USING YOUR BROWSER (computer)
- USING YOUR Mobile.
- VIA ITUNES.
- 30min Mix Submissions:
- Submit your track digitally to: [email protected] and [email protected] – preferably an MP3 not bigger than 5MB.
- Make a 30min Mix.
How do you submit a song to Metro FM?
How to submit The music department no longer accepts physical music submissions send your music to [email protected] All submissions are registered and details of persons submitting are recorded All tracks are listened to within the Playlist Meeting The tracks are defined with regards to; Accepted/Shelved/Held over …
Where can I submit my song?
Get started & submit music to blogs below…
- A&R Factory.
- IndiePulse Music Magazine.
- Xune Mag.
- Indie Shuffle.
- Cut The Pause.
- Aquarium Drunkard.
- Country Fried Rock.
How do I submit my music to a record label?
How to Submit Your Demo to a Label
- Do: Research the labels you want to work with. There are hundreds of labels out there—which ones do you resonate with?
- Don’t: Email every label under the sun.
- Do: Talk about yourself and your goals.
- Don’t: Talk about who you sound like.
- Do: Be up front about what stage your music is in.
- Don’t: Give up.
How do I submit to a record label?
How to Send a Demo to Record Labels
- Demo Submission Preparation. Preparing your demo for submission is an essential first step.
- Record Label Research. Many record labels specialize in a specific genre and style.
- Read the Demo Policy.
- Send Links Instead of Files.
- Use Official Contact Methods.
- Personalize your Message.
- Build Relationships.
- Follow-Up Email.
How can I publish my song for free?
We take a look to help you hit the right note.
- Start your music promotion with a website.
- Get discovered on Spotify.
- Post your tracks on Reddit Music.
- Try music-related hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.
- Upload your videos on YouTube.
- Spike on Last.fm.
- Create buzz on Musical.ly.
How can I publish my original music?
4 tips when publishing your own music
- Compare PROs. Registering as a publisher with a PRO is one of the first steps you’ll need to complete, but don’t just go with the first PRO that sends you an email.
- Investigate becoming a publisher.
- Know when (and when not) to self-publish.
- Keep track of your music’s use.
What do you need to produce your own music?
8 Essentials for Every New Music Producer
- Daw (Digital Audio Workstation) What is it: A DAW, or Digital Audio Workstation, is a software application for editing, recording, and creating audio files.
- MIDI Controller.
- A Pair of Studio Headphones.
- An Audio Interface.
- A Studio Recording Mic.
- Subscription to a Sample Service.
How do I get paid for my music?
6 Ways to Get Paid For Your Music
- Join a Collection Society. Every time you hear music in a lift the artist who made it is getting paid.
- Syncs / Placements. Syncs, sometimes called placements, refer to the music used in other media like TV shows, movies, commercials, video games etc.
- Invest in Yourself.
- Use YouTube Content ID.
- Create Merchandise.
How can I promote my music in 2020?
Let’s take a look!
- Music is your business – treat it like one.
- Build an awesome website.
- YouTube is the biggest streaming service.
- Establish a strong social media presence.
- Make Use Of all the major streaming services.
- Collaborate with established music bloggers and YouTubers.
- Attract users to subscribe to your email list.
How do I get my music noticed?
Note: This article contains affiliate links where the author may receive a commission.
- Promote your email list.
- Send your music to a radio station.
- Reach out to a music blog for a review.
- Post on social media.
- Comment on something that interest you.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to a playlist curator.
- Look at your analytics.
How can I make my music go viral?
The first step to make your music go viral is to have something share-worthy! It has to be either so good people can’t help but share (like Beyonce), or have a media component tied to it that appeals to your audience. Think about Old Town Road by Lil Nas X, the song went viral and his music career sky-rocketed.
How do I release my first song?
How to release your music for the first time
- Digital distributors such as CD Baby and Tunecore can get your music onto streaming platforms.
- Get your song on a prominent playlist and it could be heard by thousands of music lovers — so approaching playlist curators is a good strategy.
Where can I promote my music?
Here are 15 of the best ways to promote your music online.
- Website. This should be priority number one (and we’re not just saying that to toot our own horn).
- Email List.
- Electronic Press Kit.
- 5. Facebook.
How can I promote my music with no money?
20 Ways To Market Your Act Or Your Music For Little Or No Money
- You can make YouTube videos at home. Build your own channel.
- Build relationships on social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn. People who ‘know you’ on a bit of a personal level are much more inclined to spread the word for you.
How much does it cost to promote a song to radio?
“In Hot AC and Top 40, could be anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000 depending on the competition.” Two other radio veterans estimated that the total cost of promoting a song to “urban” radio and transforming it into a hit was between $100,000 and $125,000.
How do you promote and market your music?
7 top marketing strategies for musicians
- Find out who and where your fans are.
- Don’t ignore existing fans while trying to make new ones.
- Social media music marketing strategies.
- Focus on creating compelling non-musical content.
- Send your music to blogs, playlists and press outlets.
- Create and monetize your own artist website.
- Pay for a PR/radio campaign.
How do musicians get more followers?
3 Big Tips Gaining More Instagram Followers As A Musician
- Choose your Content Wisely. You want to make sure that you’re posting the most quality content you have available.
- Be Consistent. Consistency is key when in comes to attracting new followers.
- Utilize Hashtags. Believe it or not hashtags play a very large role in acquiring additional followers.
How do you promote independent music?
Here are our tips for promoting your tracks independently and getting your music heard – on a budget!
- Press Kit.
- Build Your Network.
- Share Your Music In Niche Communities.
- Reach Out To Blogs and YouTube Channels.
How do you promote yourself as a songwriter?
You Need to Promote Your Music –
- Know Your Brand. The biggest problem most people encounter when they start a marketing campaign is that they try to be too many things to too many people.
- Get a Website.
- Social Media.
- Pair Off With a Rising Star.
- Get Out There.