How do I use Google Socratic?
How to use Socratic
- Step 1: Download and open the app. Socratic is available in the App Store on iOS and in the Google Play Store on Android for users who are 13 years and older.
- Step 2: Ask for help. You can use Socratic to ask questions about whatever you need help with.
- Step 3: View the results.
- Step 4: Use the Explorer to browse topics.
Is Socratic made by Google?
The relaunched, AI-powered version of Socratic by Google arrived on Thursday on iOS, where it also discloses through the app update text the app is now owned by Google. The Android version of the app will launch this fall.
Does Socratic work for English?
Socratic understands homework in English better than other language versions of the app. Asking it to complete a task such as “underline the verb in the following sentence” results in Socratic bringing up a definition of the word “verb” and a similar question-answer combination from the socratic.org database.
Does Socratic work for history?
Socratic can also be used for history, but there are some drawbacks. During our test, the app answered questions more like a search engine with text recognition capabilities – which is still helpful.
How does the Socratic app work?
The Socratic app is a free app by Google that allows users to ask questions about school work at a high school or university level and get high-quality learning resources from trusted websites in the form of curated search results, detailed explanations, and links to videos.
How do I cancel my Socratic subscription on my Iphone?
Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu. Click on Subscription. Select Cancel my Subscription.
How much does Socratic cost?
Socratic, which is available for free on the App Store, is designed to tackle a range of subject matter, but has just been updated with enhanced mathematical capabilities. Students need only feed a picture of a question – printed or handwritten – to the app, which will then proceed to work it out.
Is Socratic app safe?
Socratic is a fantastic online website! Allowing you to answer and ask questions! I’ve never encountered inappropriate content, completely safe to all users! Socratic is totally safe!
Does Socratic work for math?
Socratic helps you find the answers to your homework questions in two different ways: First, you can take a picture of your question or math problem. Thanks to its sophisticated text recognition, the app can even identify math equations with roots and fractions to break down the solution.
Does Socratic work for Spanish?
Learn in six languages! Starting today, students can ask questions in 6 languages: English, Spanish, Indonesian, French, Portuguese, and German, opening up the app to over 1.5 billion people in their native language.
How do you prepare for a Socratic Seminar?
5 Steps to a Successful Socratic Seminar
- Step 1: Choose a Text. The purpose of Socratic seminars is to use evidence to support interpretations of a text.
- Step 2: Let Students Prepare.
- Step 3: Give Students Questions.
- Step 4: Set Up Inner and Outer Circles.
- Step 5: Don’t Jump In.
How do you do a Socratic Seminar?
- Select an Appropriate Text. The Socratic Seminar strategy is based on close textual analysis, so it is important to select a text that provides ample avenues for interpretation and discussion.
- Give Students Time to Prepare.
- Develop a Classroom Contract.
- The Socratic Seminar.
- Reflect and Evaluate.
What is a Socratic Seminar for students?
A Socratic Seminar is a method to try to understand information by creating a dialectic class in regards to a specific text. In a Socratic Seminar, participants seek deeper understanding complex ideas in the text through rigorously thoughtful dialogue. This process encourages divergent thinking rather than convergent.