How do we celebrate Earth Day in school?
Here are a few ways you can celebrate Earth Day with your students:
- Brainstorm ways to go green. Ask students to brainstorm how they can help protect the environment at home, at school, and in the community.
- Plant a tree or work in your school garden.
- Learn about the earth through music.
- Read books about the earth.
What do schools do on Earth Day?
Schools around the world are hosting environmental and civic education programs to prepare their students to be engaged stewards of the environment. Every year millions of educators and students plants trees, host cleanups, participate in citizen science and advocate for climate action.
Why is it important to protect the earth?
It is critical to protect the environment so as to reduce the destruction of eco-systems caused by a myriad of anthropogenic activities. Air and water pollution, global warming, smog, acid rain, deforestation, wildfires are just few of the environmental issues that we are facing right now.
What God is Mercury named after?
Like all the planets, Mercury is named after one of the Roman gods, which were based on the gods worshipped by the Ancient Greeks. The Roman god Mercury was the son of Maia Maiestas and Jupiter in Roman mythology, and most of his aspects were based on the Greek god Hermes.
What is Mercury’s nickname?
the Swift Planet
Who named Mercury?
Mercury is one of the five classical planets visible with the naked eye and is named after the swift-footed Roman messenger god. It is not known exactly when the planet was first discovered – although it was first observed through telescopes in the seventeenth century by astronomers Galileo Galilei and Thomas Harriot.
What are 2 interesting facts about mercury?
Cool Mercury Facts
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun.
- Mercury is also the smallest planet in the Solar System.
- Not only is Mercury the smallest planet, it is also shrinking!
- Mercury has the most craters in the Solar System.
- The biggest crater in Mercury could fit Western Europe.
Is Mercury a God?
The Greek god Hermes (the Roman Mercury ) was the god of translators and interpreters. He was the most clever of the Olympian gods, and served as messenger for all the other gods. He ruled over wealth, good fortune, commerce, fertility, and thievery. Among his personal favorite commercial activities was the corn trade.
Who is the father of mercury?
|Parents||Maia and Jupiter or Caelus and Dies (Cicero and Hyginus)|
Who is the god of speed?
What is the name of the god of money?
Which God is antisocial?