How do you in text cite a drama?
MLA Style Guide — DRAMA
- Use the full title at its first mention in your text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. E.g. “In All’s Well That Ends Well (AWW), Shakepeare…”
- Any subsequent references to the title may be abbreviated.
- See the MLA Handbook, sections 7.7 & 7.7. 2 for more information.
How do you cite a drama in APA?
Start with the author’s name, last name first, then first initial followed by a period. Put the date of publication (or translation) in parentheses next with a period after the parentheses. Write the title of the play with no special formatting such as quotation marks or italics.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do you cite?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite a title?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
What is an article title?
In Wikipedia, an article title is a natural-language word or expression that indicates the subject of the article; as such, the article title is usually the name of the person, or of the place, or of whatever else the topic of the article is.
How do you cite a book in a paper?
Author’s Last Name, First Name Middle Name or Initial. Title of Book: Subtitle of Book. Edition, Publisher, Year of print publication.
How do you reference a book in thesis?
- Author/Editor (if it is an editor always put (ed.)
- Title (this should be in italics)
- Series title and number (if part of a series)
- Edition (if not the first edition)
- Place of publication (if there is more than one place listed, use the first named)
- Year of publication.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA in-text?
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote): (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- References: Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial.
- In-text Citation (Paraphrase): (Murphy, 2014)
- In-text Citation (Direct Quote):
How do you reference a chapter?
Chapter in a book (print)
- Author of the chapter/section.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of chapter/section (in single quotation marks) ‘in’ plus author/editor of book.
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page reference.
How do you reference a chapter in a book?
A reference to a chapter within an edited book will look like this: Author(s) (Year) Title of chapter or section. In Editor(s). (the word “editor(s)”) Title of book.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA without an editor?
If a book has no author or editor, begin the citation with the book title, followed by the year of publication in round brackets. If an author is also the publisher, put the word “Author” where you’d normally put the publisher name. This happens most often with corporate or group authors.
How do you cite a book in APA 6th edition?
Author Surname, First Initial. (Year). Title of chapter. In Editor First Initial, Surname, Editor First Initial, Surname, & Editor First Initial, Surname (Eds.), Book title: Subtitle (Page range).
How do you cite a book with an editor in APA?
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of an edited book in APA style 7th edition:
- Editor(s) of the book.
- (Year of publication).
- Title of the book.
How do you cite a book with an editor?
If an entire edited book with authored chapters is cited, the editor is listed as the author with the abbreviation “(Ed.)” after his name, or “(Eds.)” if there is more than one editor. Multiple editors are formatted the same way as authors. List first editor with the last name first, followed by a comme and “(Ed.).”
How do you cite a book with three authors in APA?
NOTE: The in-text citation for works with three or more authors is shortened to the first author’s name followed by et al. and the year. References: Author Surname, First Initial.