How do you make a pillowcase step by step?
- Layer Your Materials. Place your cuff fabric on your work station, right side up.
- Roll Up the Main Fabric.
- Fold Up the Cuff Fabric.
- Sew the Raw Edges.
- Unroll and Press.
- Trim to Size.
- Finish the Pillowcase.
- Trap the Raw Edges.
How much material do you need to make a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How do you hand stitch a pillowcase?
Steps on How To Hand Sew A Pillow Case
- Step 1: Decide on Fabric. Picking out fabric is the best part.
- Step 2: Cut Fabric.
- Step 3: Fold Fabric.
- Step 4: Pin (Font and Back) sides Together.
- Step 5: Sew.
- Step 6: Cut off the thread.
- Step 7: Use the Corners.
- Insert Pillow.
How do you measure a pillow for a pillow cover?
- Turn pillow cover inside out and lay it on a flat even surface.
- Line up measuring stick or tape with the seam on one side.
- Line up the measuring stick/tape with the seam on the opposite side. In the photo below, the pillow cover measures 19 inches wide.
How do you cover a throw pillow?
- Measure the pillow. If you buy a pillow form, the dimensions will be on the packaging and you can skip this step.
- Cut the fabric. The amount of fabric yardage you will need will depend on the size of your pillow.
- Finish the short edges.
- Stitch the long edges.
- Turn the cover.
How much fabric do I need to make an 18 inch pillow?
No-sew pillows take more yardage. One 12- to 14-inch pillow requires a 36-inch square (1 yard). An 18- to 20-inch pillow needs 1 1/4 yards of 54-inch fabric.
How big do I cut fabric for an 18 inch pillow form?
For an 18″ wide pillow, cut two squares of fabric measuring 18 x 18 inches. I don’t cut them larger for a seam allowance. I find making the pillow covers slightly smaller than the pillow forms makes the pillows nice and full looking. Lay one piece over the other piece, right sides together & pin.
How do I know what size pillow to buy?
What size insert should I get for my pillow cover? We generally recommend using inserts that are 2″ larger all around than your finished pillow size. For example if you have an 18×18 pillow cover, you’ll want to use a 20×20 insert.
What can you stuff a homemade pillow with?
What Are The Different Types of Pillow Stuffing?
- Polyester Fiberfill. Polyester stuffing, or poly-fil, consists of small, curled polyester fibers that are man-made.
- Down Feather. A down pillow is filled with the plumage of ducks and geese.
- Buckwheat Hulls.
What’s pillow filling called?
Your pillow’s filling (sometimes also called stuffing or filler) defines its character. Depending on the type of pillow filling and the quantity used, your pillow can be totally unique and appropriate to your preferences: soft, firm, supportive, low or high loft.