How do you nudge a photo?
To nudge a graphic, simply make sure it is selected, and then use the arrow keys. Pressing an arrow key moves the graphic in the direction indicated. If you want even finer control, hold down the Ctrl key as you press an arrow key. The result is a nudge of a single pixel in the placement of the object.
What is nudging an object?
The word nudge means to push gently, i.e. to move over slightly. Nudging your objects will help you to align them correctly. You can use the Ctrl and the arrow keys to move objects one pixel at a time. It is possible to nudge your objects by holding hold the Ctrl key and using the arrow keys.
How do I nudge a line in Word?
Hold the Command key while dragging in order to override the default increment. Optionally, use the Arrow keys to nudge the object (you can press 2 keys at once to nudge diagonally). Hold both Control & Command while nudging with the Arrows in order to move the object in a smaller increment.
How do you put a horizontal line in the middle of a word document?
Follow these steps to insert a horizontal line in your document:
- Put your cursor in the document where you want to insert the horizontal line.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading.
- On the Borders tab, click the Horizontal Line button.
- Scroll through the options and select the desired line.
- Click OK.
How do you line up in Word?
Change text alignment
- To align the text left, press Ctrl+L.
- To align the text right, press Ctrl+R.
- To center the text, press Ctrl+E.
How do I align text in a table in Word 2019?
Select the cells, columns, or rows, with text that you want to align (or select your entire table). Go to the (Table Tools) Layout tab. Click an Align button (you may have to click the Alignment button first, depending on the size of your screen).
How do I align numbers in a table in Word?
First, make sure the text is left-aligned in the Paragraph Options. Now select the table cells or columns that hold the numbers. Then, even though you haven’t typed any tabs, choose Type > Tabs to open up the tab options. Finally, choose the “align on decimal”-tab and click on the ruler to set the position.
How do I align text to the right side in Word?
Align the text left or right
- Select the text that you want to align.
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Align Left or Align Right .
How do I align columns in a table in Word?
Adjust Table Columns in Word (Auto Fit)
- Click anywhere in the table.
- In “Table Tools” click the [Layout] tab > locate the “Cell Size” group and choose from of the following options: To fit the columns to the text (or page margins if cells are empty), click [AutoFit] > select “AutoFit Contents.”
Why is my table of contents not aligned?
As Doug suggests, from your description the likely cause is that you have a hanging indent (which by default has an associated tab stop) that is farther to the right than some of your very short TOC entries.
How do I fix the table of contents alignment?
- Access the paragraph formatting window.
- In the paragraph formatting window, click “Tabs.”
- Under “Tab stop position,” enter 6.
- Do this to all of your TOC headings, and your numbers will be aligned perfectly.
How do you right align a table of contents?
Open the Paragraph menu by clicking on the small arrow. b. Select Tabs; in the Tabs menu, Tab stop position – enter 6.5 Alignment – Right Leader – 2….. Click Set; then click OK.
How do I align a list of figures in Word?
Click anywhere inside the list. From the Numbering dropdown (in the Paragraph group), choose Define New Number Format (at the bottom). In the resulting dialog, change the Alignment setting from Left to Right, as shown in Figure G. Click OK to see the newly aligned list shown in Figure H.
How do you write a list of figures?
List each new figure caption on a new line and capitalise the start of each word. Write the figure number on the left, then caption label and finally the page number the figure corresponds to on the right-hand side. Apply the same formatting principle to the List of Tables in your thesis of dissertation.
How do I adjust list indents?
Simply enter your first list as you normally would and then do the following:
- Click any number in the list to select the entire list.
- Right-click the selection and choose Adjust List Indents.
- In the resulting dialog, set the Number Position setting to 0 (which represents the left margin).
- Set Text Indent to .
- Click OK.
Where do you put a list of figures?
Lists of Tables, Figures, and Illustrations
- Include the heading(s) in all capital letters, centered 1″ below the top of the page.
- Include one double-spaced line between the heading and the first entry.
- Each entry must include a number, title, and page number.
What comes first list of tables or list of figures?
If even one numbered table or figure appears in your manuscript, then a List of Tables and/or a List of Figures must be included in your manuscript following the Table of Contents. If both are used, arrange the List of Tables before the List of Figures.
What does a table of figures look like?
A table of figures is a list, sorted by page number, of the captions pulled from figures, images, or tables in your document. It’s like a table of contents, but it’s a table of anything to which you can add a caption.