How do you reference a figure in a lab report?
Figures should be labeled with a number followed by a descriptive caption or title. Captions should be concise but comprehensive. They should describe the data shown, draw attention to important features contained within the figure, and may sometimes also include interpretations of the data.
How do you cite pictures in a lab report?
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year produced (if available)
- title of image (or a description)
- Format and any details (if applicable)
- name and place of the sponsor of the source.
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed/ downloaded the image)
How do you cite a figure?
All figures and tables must be mentioned in the text (a “callout”) by their number. Do not refer to the table/figure using either “the table above” or “the figure below.” Assign table/figure # in the order as it appears, numbered consecutively, in your paper – not the figure # assigned to it in its original resource.
How do you cite a figure in a scientific paper?
from “Title of Article,” by Author First Initial. Second Initial. Surname, Year, Journal Title, Volume(issue), page number….Figures
- Number figures consecutively throughout your paper.
- Figures should be labeled “Figure (number)” ABOVE the figure.
- Double-space the caption that appears under a figure.
How do you cite a figure in APA?
Figure reproduced in your text From “Title of Article,” by Author First Initial. Second Initial. Surname, Year, Journal Title, Volume(issue), page number (url or doi if it’s from an ejournal). Copyright Year by the Name of Copyright Holder.
How do you cite a figure taken from another source?
Tables and figures taken from other sources are numbered and presented in the same format as your other tables and figures. Refer to them as Table 1, Figure 3, etc., but include an in-text citation after you mention them to acknowledge the source. In-text citation example The results in Table 1 (Ajzen, 1991, p.
How do you reference a figure in text?
When citing a table or a figure in text, refer to it by its number, such as “Table 3” or “Figure 2.” Do not refer to it by its position relative to the text (e.g., “the figure below”) or its page number (e.g., “the table on page 12”); these will change when your paper is typeset, assuming you are writing a draft …
How do you reference a figure in IEEE?
How to Cite Images using IEEE. A reference for a figure appears as a caption underneath the figure that you copied or adapted for your paper. Begin the caption with the word “Figure”, a number, and a title. Follow this with “Source” and the citation number in brackets.
How do you reference a figure in Word?
Place the mouse cursor to where you want to insert the figure number. Click on “Insert” -> “Reference” -> “Cross-reference”. In the dialog box, select “Figure” as “Reference type”, then select “Only label and number”, pick “Figure 1 …”, click “Insert”. Now, we have Figure inserted in the text.
How do you cross-reference a figure in Word 2016?
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Word: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Put your cursor where you want the cross-reference to appear.
- From the References tab, in the Captions group, select Cross-reference .
- In the Cross-reference dialog box, select the reference type and other options.
How do you number references in EndNote?
- Open EndNote, Edit> Output Styles> Open Style manager.
- Select the Output Style ‘Numbered. Click on Edit.
- On the Left, select Layout, under Bibliography.
- On the right, you will have “Bibliography Number.”.
- Click on File> Save As and save the file with the new name.
- Open Word, select the edited style.
How do I link a list of figures in Word?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
What is a list of figures?
The list of figures identifies the titles and locations of visuals (figures, drawings, photos, maps) in administrative or research documents. Articles in periodicals do not use lists of figures. Figures concentrate information in unusual ways and show critical details, configurations, and evidence.
How do I format a list of figures in Word?
Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures. On the Insert menu, click Index and Tables, and then click the Table of Figures tab. Click Options, and then select the Style check box. On the Style pop-up menu, click the style name that is used for the figure captions, and then click OK.
How do I create a list of tables and figures in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
What does a table of figures look like?
A table of figures is a list, sorted by page number, of the captions pulled from figures, images, or tables in your document. It’s like a table of contents, but it’s a table of anything to which you can add a caption.
What is a table of figures in a report?
In addition to the Table of Contents, a Table of Figures and Tables is usually required in a report. It is situated immediately after the Table of Contents. It contains a list of figures, statistical tables, diagrams and graphs, including their titles.
Which comes first list of tables or list of figures?
If even one numbered table or figure appears in your manuscript, then a List of Tables and/or a List of Figures must be included in your manuscript following the Table of Contents. If both are used, arrange the List of Tables before the List of Figures.
Where do you put a list of figures in a report?
The List of illustrations will come after the Contents page (on a separate page) and before the Introduction. This page should list the name of each figure of illustration that is included in the body of your dissertation or thesis and then give the number of the page that it appears on.
Do I need a list of figures?
You should definitely ask your advisor but normally you only need a list of tables or a list of figures if there will be more than 5 items in the list. For three or four items, I would not include a list.
How do you write a list of figures in thesis?
Lists of Tables, Figures, and Illustrations
- Include the heading(s) in all capital letters, centered 1″ below the top of the page.
- Include one double-spaced line between the heading and the first entry.
- Each entry must include a number, title, and page number.
Where do you put abbreviations in a report?
The list of abbreviations should appear at the beginning of the document, just after the table of contents. The list should also be included in your table of contents.
What is a list of abbreviations called?
An acronym is a type of abbreviation formed from the initial components of the words of a longer name or phrase, Lists of acronyms. Three-letter acronyms.