How do you remove the center console on a 2005 Ford Explorer?
- Remove 8mm fastener from each side of console.
- Release “Christmas Tree” fasteners from each side and pry outward.
- Release 7mm bolt from under rubber insert in console.
- Use plastic trim stick and pry away cup holder assembly.
- Disconnect cigarette lighter electrical connection.
How do you remove a car antenna?
How to Remove Antenna From Car Roof?
- Step 1: Identify Your Antenna Type.
- Step 2: Check for the Extention Cable or One Cable.
- Step 3: Keep the Surface of the Car Safe.
- Step 4: Remove the Screws and Lift the Mount.
- Step 5: Undo the Socket that is Holding the Antenna.
Do hidden car antennas work well?
For some people, the length of the coaxial cable isn’t a big issue, but it should be. Hidden car antennas work better when paired with coaxial cables that are not too long. Very long coaxial cables tend to lose signals and may thus affect the audio quality.
Where do you put a hidden antenna?
IMPORTANT: The hidden antenna can be installed on your windshield (optimal location), headliner or under your seat. The following installation instructions are for installing the antenna on your windshield.
Does Bluetooth use car antenna?
As far as I know, the bluetooth functions only as a connection to the car’s i-Drive. It does not provide any antenna amplificaiton functions. So, if you need to boost the signal, then you will be better off with one of those antenna booster.
Do I need to connect the power antenna wire?
Yes, these two wires should be connected together. This is what allows the radio to retract the antenna when it isn’t being used. Just because your wiring harness has a connection for this wire, it doesn’t necessarily mean that your car has this kind of motorized antenna.
What does an antenna adapter do?
Antenna adapters. Many factory AM/FM antenna connectors simply plug into the antenna port on the rear of a new receiver. In these cases, an antenna adapter becomes necessary for your radio installation so you can keep your AM/FM stations playing.
What happens if you dont ground?
The appliance will operate normally without the ground wire because it is not a part of the conducting path which supplies electricity to the appliance. In the absence of the ground wire, shock hazard conditions will often not cause the breaker to trip unless the circuit has a ground fault interrupter in it.
How can I tell if my car has a bad ground?
Symptoms of a bad engine ground may include:
- Dim lights.
- Flickering lights.
- Electrical devices working erratically.
- Faulty fuel pump.
- Slipping or burned out AC compressor clutch.
- Intermittent failure of sensors.
- Damaged throttle or transmission cables.
- Hard starting.