How do you shorten a college essay?
How to Shorten Your College Application Essay Without Ruining It
- Circle or highlight all adverbs. Take them out.
- Look for a single word or short phrase followed by a comma.
- Delete helping verbs.
- Delete to be verbs.
- Turn some nouns into verbs: “I concluded” is better than “I came to the conclusion.”
What is the opposite of extraneous?
extraneous. Antonyms: intrinsic, internal, vital, connected, essential. Synonyms: extrinsic, external, foreign, outside, alien, unconnected, unrelated, ascititious, adventitious.
What counts as extenuating circumstances?
Defining Extenuating Circumstances Extenuating circumstances are usually personal or health problems that we define as:“Exceptional, short-term events which are outside of a student’s control and have a negative impact upon their ability to prepare for or take (sit) an assessment.”
How do you say due to unforeseen circumstances?
due to unforeseen circumstances synonym, due to unforeseen circumstances definition | Thesaurus
- abrupt, accidental, out of the blue, startling, sudden, surprise, surprising, unanticipated, unexpected, unlooked-for, unpredicted.
- anticipated, envisaged, expected, foreseen, intended, predicted.
What are personal circumstances examples?
- Severe health problems.
- Passing away of a family member or close friend.
- Severe illness of a family member or close friend.
- Family circumstances.
- Psychological complaints, for which you seek treatment / or you are being treated.
- Functional impairment.
How do you say due to personal reasons?
“Due to” is used after a verb “to be,” and “because of” is, on the other hand, used in other situations. “I will be resigning from my job as customer care executive due to because of personal reasons as of October 30th.” “She resigned last month due to because of personal reasons, after 20 years of service.”
How does personal circumstances affect knowledge?
Knowledge based on personal circumstances is considered to give shape to our shared. normally give less credibility to the knowledge related to our personal circumstances. serious consequences as a society and misguided people to believe the false knowledge. is a beneficial in the trusting process.
Do personal circumstances matter?
It shouldn’t matter strictly speaking but personal circumstances affect the way a person’s knowledge or giftedness are evaluated. Even the science community encourages the influence of circumstances.
How do you write a theory of knowledge essay?
The step-by-step method
- First, write your introduction, using 150-200 words.
- Next write your first development. 2 paragraphs totalling 600 words.
- Now, write another two body paragraphs, looking at your second AOK. Use the same approach you saw in paragraphs 2 and 3.
- Finally, write your ‘conclusion’.
Is there a sharp line between describing and explaining?
But to say “There is a sharp line between describing something and offering an explanation of it,” is false. Explanations do describe the real features of a thing – or try to. Explanation is an optional, purposeful focus for description: how it works, why it works.