How do you title a picture in a report?
Follow these directions to format and cite your figure, image, or graph in APA style: Label and number the figure using bold font. Give it a descriptive title on the line after the figure label. Use standard title capitalization practices(capitalize main words)and use italics.
How do I label my photos?
Use soft-tip markers for photos with coating Ballpoint pens and regular felt-tip markers are not good choices for labeling photos: Ballpoint pens smudge and leave indentations in the photograph, and felt tip markers can bleed through the image.
How do you present a table in a report?
Tables should be:
- Centered on the page.
- Numbered in the order they appear in the text.
- Referenced in the order they appear in the text.
- Labeled with the table number and descriptive title above the table.
- Labeled with column and/or row labels that describe the data, including units of measurement.
How do you write a legend for a table?
Make sure to consider the below points when writing legends in your manuscript or poster.
- Place captions above the table and align to the left (typically).
- Place captions below the figure.
- Use titles for both figures and graphs in oral presentation slides and posters.
How do I label a table in Word?
Click on the figure or table where you want the caption to appear. On the References tab, click the Insert Caption button. In the Caption window, in the Label menu, select the label Figure or Table. In the Position menu, select where you want the caption to appear.
What is a table of figures in a report?
In addition to the Table of Contents, a Table of Figures and Tables is usually required in a report. It is situated immediately after the Table of Contents. It contains a list of figures, statistical tables, diagrams and graphs, including their titles.
Which comes first list of tables or list of figures?
If even one numbered table or figure appears in your manuscript, then a List of Tables and/or a List of Figures must be included in your manuscript following the Table of Contents. If both are used, arrange the List of Tables before the List of Figures.
What do you write in a list of figures?
List of Figures
- Appropriately formatted.
- Lists all figures in the document except those listed in any Appendices.
- All titles match what appears in the text exactly.
- All page numbers are correct.
Where do you put a list of figures in a report?
The List of illustrations will come after the Contents page (on a separate page) and before the Introduction. This page should list the name of each figure of illustration that is included in the body of your dissertation or thesis and then give the number of the page that it appears on.
What is a list of figures and tables?
Lists of figures and tables are just what they sound like: lists of all of the figures and tables that you have used in your dissertation, along with the corresponding page numbers.
How do I align a list of figures in Word?
Click anywhere inside the list. From the Numbering dropdown (in the Paragraph group), choose Define New Number Format (at the bottom). In the resulting dialog, change the Alignment setting from Left to Right, as shown in Figure G. Click OK to see the newly aligned list shown in Figure H.
How do I align numbers in a table of contents in Word?
- Access the paragraph formatting window.
- In the paragraph formatting window, click “Tabs.”
- Under “Tab stop position,” enter 6.
- Do this to all of your TOC headings, and your numbers will be aligned perfectly.
How do I align the dots in a table of contents?
Change the layout of your table of contents
- To add a dot leader, or dotted line, between each entry and its page number, click the Tab leader list and then click the dotted line.
- To change the overall appearance of your table of contents, click the Formats list, and then click the format that you want.
How do I make my table of contents line up?
Go to References > Table of Contents. Select Custom table of contents. Use the settings to show, hide, and align page numbers, add or change the tab leader, set formats, and specify how many levels of headings to show.
How do you add page numbers to Table of Contents?
Insert a page number with table of contents formatting at the bottom of the table of contents page. Put your cursor in the table of contents page and press view / header footer / and then choose footer. Insert / page number / format / change the type of number to “i ii iii” and change to start at 1.
Should Table of Contents be numbered?
Matter preceding the table of contents is generally not listed there. However, all pages except the outside cover are counted, and the table of contents is often numbered with a lowercase Roman numeral page number.
Where do page numbers start in a report?
Place all page numbers in the top right corner in the header. Though the APA Style rules ask for page numbering to start on the title page, a common academic convention is to include the title page in the total page count but start the numbering on page two.
How do I start page numbers after my cover page?
Start page numbering later in your document
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Select Different First Page.
- In the header or footer area, you should see a label on the first page that says First Page Header.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.