How do you unjam a CD changer?
How to Unjam CD and DVD Drives and Trays
- Unplug the disc player.
- Take out the screws securing the cover and remove it.
- Blow air into the mechanism to remove dust.
- Plug the player back in.
- Try ejecting the tray.
- If it doesn’t eject, look for something jamming the tray.
How do you fix car CD player that won’t read CDs?
A car CD player that doesn’t read and shows disc errors often has a dirty laser lens. You can fix this issue by playing a laser cleaning disc in the player for a couple of minutes.
How do you fix a CD that won’t play?
The Compact Disc (CD) Won’t Play
- Make sure that the disc is inserted correctly with the label side up.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the disc.
- Reinsert the disc, and then press the PLAY button to see if the disc plays.
- For disc players with a HOLD switch, make sure that the switch is set to the OFF position.
Why won’t my burned CD play in my CD player?
Check and make sure you are burning as “Audio CD” format. Many older players cannot handle CDs burned in MP3 format regardless of type of disc they were burned to while newer car stereos should play CDs burned as MP3s. Additionally, many players cannot handle CD-RW discs.
What removes scratches from CDs?
Apply a small dab of white toothpaste or metal polish to a clean, lint-free (ie fluff-free) cloth and rub very gently along the scratch from the disc’s centre outwards. Cover the full length of the scratch, then repeat twice for good measure.
Can you use rubbing alcohol on CDs?
A compact disc can become dirty because of dust or other grime. It’s important to use care when cleaning CDs so you don’t damage them. Rubbing alcohol will effectively clean a CD without causing damage.
Can you clean a scratched DVD?
Yes, toothpaste can be used to remove scratches. Clean the disc with warm water, soap, and a cloth and then dry it, making sure that no lint is left behind. Squeeze toothpaste onto the disc and rub it on the disc in a straight motion from the center out to the edges. Finally, wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.