How do you write an exhortation?
To write a strong exhortation, you will need to appeal to the needs and desires of the reader. Supporting facts are important, especially if they draw on the emotion of the reader. Study your audience. Like any piece of effective writing, you should have a strong sense of who is reading the piece.
How do you use fastidious in a sentence?
- He was fastidious about his appearance.
- He is very fastidious about how a suitcase should be packed.
- Everything was planned in fastidious detail.
- She wasn’t very fastidious about personal hygiene.
- He was fastidious in his preparation for the big day.
Is fastidious a compliment?
Fastidious is occasionally used as a compliment to describe someone whose attention to detail gives them good organizing abilities, but it is usually used as a disapproving term.
Is being capricious a good thing?
Capricious is used to describe people who are impulsive and unpredictable. To be called unpredictable and impulsive is not such a bad thing, it just means you have more fun in life if you decide to jump out of a plane or scale a mountain.
What does mercurial mean in a person?
1 : of, relating to, or born under the planet Mercury. 2 : having qualities of eloquence, ingenuity, or thievishness attributed to the god Mercury or to the influence of the planet Mercury. 3 : characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood a mercurial temper.
What is capricious anger?
Susceptible of anger; easily provoked or inflamed with resentment; choleric: as, an irascible man; an irascible temper. Irascible indicates quicker and more intense bursts of anger than irritable, and less powerful, lasting, or manifest bursts than passionate.
How do you use capricious?
Capricious in a Sentence ?
- Because of his capricious nature, Jeremy found it hard to keep a steady job.
- Since he started taking the medication, Henry has been less capricious.
- Even though the couple wanted to get married outside, they knew their ceremony depended on the capricious weather.
What is the meaning of fickle?
likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather. not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.
What is meant by fickle minded?
(of a person) prone to casual change; inconstant.
How can a stubborn person change their mind?
12 Ways To Deal With Stubborn People And Convince Them To Listen
- Bring it on! Start a new attitude. View a stubborn person as an opportunity to become a better version of yourself.
- Take a pause. Resist the urge to engage in an argument.
- Play word chess.
- Get them to listen to what you have to say.
- The right time…
- Go slow.
- Break it into segments.
- Think about their point of view.
What is the opposite of fickle?
fickle. Antonyms: devoted, faithful, firm, incorruptible, loyal, stanch, sure, true, trustworthy, trusty, unwavering. Synonyms: capricious, faithless, false, unfaithful, untrue, untrustworthy, wavering.
What are the synonyms for fickle?
other words for fickle
What do you call someone who is indecisive?
1 vacillating, hesitant, wavering.