How many people died in Tewkesbury floods?
What caused the 2007 Gloucestershire floods?
The summer of 2007 was one of the wettest on record. Heavy rainfall at the end of June led to flooding in some areas in Gloucestershire, both from surface water overloading the drainage systems and very high water levels in main rivers and brooks.
How many homes flooded Tewkesbury?
When the overflowing rivers met at Tewkesbury the outcome was inevitable. Nearly 50,000 homes were affected, many needing significant repairs. The floods cost local councils £140 million, and the total cost to the British economy was estimated at £3.2 billion.
When was the worst flood in the UK?
1928 Thames flood
- The 1928 Thames flood was a disastrous flood of the River Thames that affected much of riverside London on 7 January 1928, as well as places further downriver.
- During Christmas 1927, heavy snow fell in the Cotswolds in central England, where the Thames has its source.
What country has the least natural disasters?
What country has never had a tornado?
In fact, tornadoes have been documented in every state of the United States, and on every continent, with the exception of Antarctica (even there, a tornado occurrence is not impossible). In fact, wherever the atmospheric conditions are exactly right, the occurrence of a tornadic storm is possible.
What’s the safest state to live in?
These are the safest states in the U.S.:
- Virginia. Population: 8.54 million.
- Wyoming. Population: 578,759.
- Rhode Island. Population: 1.06 million.
- Massachusetts. Population: 6.89 million.
- Vermont. Population: 623,989.
- Connecticut. Population: 3.57 million.
- New Jersey. Population: 8.88 million.
- Idaho. Population: 1.79 million.
What are the poorest states in USA?
Poorest U.S. States
- Mississippi. Mississippi is the poorest U.S. state.
- West Virginia. West Virginia is the second-poorest U.S. state, with a $48,850 median household income and a poverty rate of 17.54%.
- Louisiana. Lousiana is the third-poorest state.
- Arkansas. The fourth-poorest state in the U.S. is Arkansas.
- New Mexico.