How much can a freelance proofreader earn?
On average, freelancers earn around $15-20 per hour with Proofed once they have proofread a few documents and gotten into their stride. This can rise to $25-50 per hour as they gain more experience and become more efficient at proofreading a wider range of documents.
What are four proofreading tips?
Try these four tips to improve your proofreading:
- Use tools to your advantage. Pay attention to what your spell-checker is telling you. Don’t rely on spell-check to catch everything, but it is a handy tool to catch redundant words and obvious typos.
- Read backward. Most of us have become unabashed skimmers.
What makes someone a good editor?
A good editor is a guide But a good editor will always be honest with you too, and point out areas of weakness or grammatical errors. A good editor will guide you through your work, show you areas where you can express yourself better, more succinctly, and help you to look at your work from a distance.
What are the qualities of a good editor?
Top 10 qualities of a good editor
- Understand business etiquette. They call or email about your story pitches or edits in a timely fashion.
- Are organized.
- Have a solid grasp of their publication.
- Suggest sources.
- Have solid self esteem.
- Are prudent copywriters.
- Aren’t raging egotists.
- Don’t change their minds (without a really good reason).
Is editor a good career?
Editors often work with minimal supervision and may be expected to make decisions on their own. For the right person, this level of independence can be very rewarding. Many freelance editors enjoy the freedom to work from home, set their own hours and choose their own projects—which takes discipline.
Are editors in demand?
Career Outlook for Editors Demand for Editors is expected to go up, with an expected 30,039 new jobs filled by 2018. This represents an annual increase of 3.79 percent over the next few years.
Is it difficult to become an editor?
Editing is hard work. While it’s often viewed as a sort of afterthought to writing, good editing actually requires a lot of time and takes a lot of discipline. Not every writer can become an editor.