How much weight can a 2000 Ford Explorer tow?
4,960 to 6,820 lbs
What Explorer can tow 5000 lbs?
When properly equipped, the 2019 Ford Explorer is capable of towing between 3,000 and 5,000 pounds, allowing you to tow your trailer or boat through Elk River with ease.
What is included in Ford Explorer towing package?
It includes an engine oil cooler, a frame-mounted Class III hitch receiver and an integrated seven-pin trailer connector in the rear bumper. You don’t need to have the expensive top spec Explorer in order to tow with one.
What shocks are good for towing?
- Bilstein (24-186742) 5100 Series Rear Shock Absorber.
- Monroe 911262 Reflex Truck Shock Absorber.
- ACDelco 504-535 Specialty Rear Air Lift Shock Absorber.
- Detroit Axle Rear Driver & Passenger Side Shock Absorber.
- Monroe 555010 Gas-Magnum 65 Shock Absorber.
- Bilstein 24-234511 Shock Absorber.
Can bad shocks affect towing?
5. Your shocks wear out way too quickly. Carrying heavy loads will wear your shocks down faster than you might realize. If your shocks are worn down, you shouldn’t drive on them anyway, let alone continue to haul heavy cargo.
Will coil over shocks help with towing?
While it’s true that coilovers and air ride systems that replace your factory shocks and springs allow adjustability for ride comfort and height, they can be pricey – and a bit more than you need for simple trailer towing. This means your daily driver will retain its comfortable ride when you aren’t pulling a trailer.
Can towing a trailer damage suspension?
What happens when you pull a trailer that’s too heavy for your vehicle? Engine damage from overheating, undue stress to the frame, damage to the suspension and braking systems, and transmission damage from overheating.
Do lift blocks help with towing?
A body lift does not affect towing since it’s only the body of your vehicle that’s being raised; the stock suspension and wheels remain at their original height. A lift spacer kit like # F2375 allows you to install the air bags on vehicle’s with a 6 inch lift kit like yours.