How would you describe a day in one word?
Here are some adjectives for day: auspicious natal, specialized annual, bright, blustery, basic eight-hour, aside next, ashore next, breezy, cloudless, fourth chaotic, cloudy and dark, terrifying unknowable, gorgeous, balmy, ninth miserable, thence next, raw rheumatic, windy hazy, cloudless, hot, sunny, magnificent.
How would you describe a good day?
Describing Words Here are some adjectives for happy day: lovely perfect, hoped-for, last, shortest, festive, joyful, brand-new, single, long, seeming, most, grey, glorious, next, mighty, glad, extra, happy, bright, full, beautiful, past, perfect, old, whole, final, more, own, less, good.
What is a adjective for day?
day, diurnal, daylight, non-nocturnal, daily, active during the day. dayly. Archaic form of daily.
What kind of adjectives are silly and filthy?
The most common of the adjectives are descriptive adjectives….Descriptive Adjectives
- The silly dog rolled around in the filthy mud for hours.
- She’s such a nice cashier.
- He hurt her feelings when he labeled her an annoying sister.
What is the synonyms of filthy?
- dirty, mucky, grimy, muddy, murky, slimy, unclean.
- foul, squalid, sordid, shabby, sleazy, nasty, soiled, sullied, scummy.
- polluted, contaminated, unhygienic, unsanitary.
- rotten, defiled, decaying, putrid, putrefied, smelly, fetid, faecal.
- informal cruddy, grungy, yucky.
- literary befouled, besmirched, begrimed.
What are the 7 types of adjectives?
7 Types of English Adjectives That Every ESL Student Must Know
- Descriptive. A descriptive adjective is probably what you think of when you hear the word “adjective.” Descriptive adjectives are used to describe nouns and pronouns.
- Quantitative. Quantitative adjectives describe the quantity of something.
What kind of word is which?
What are the different kinds of adjectives?
Types of Adjectives
- Descriptive Adjectives.
- Quantitative Adjectives.
- Proper Adjectives.
- Demonstrative Adjectives.
- Possessive Adjectives.
- Interrogative Adjectives.
- Indefinite Adjectives.
What is the describing word in a sentence?
Adjectival Phrases These are a group of words that describe the noun in the sentence. The adjectival phrase can come before or after the subject of the sentence. The adjective in the sentence can be at the beginning, middle, or end of the phrase.
How do you describe someone physically?
Some common adjectives that you may use to describe the build of a person may include the following: Plump. Stocky. Overweight.