*Updated Dossier of Congress
Bilbao, 14-15 July 2014
OPEN THE DEADLINE FOR THE RECEPTION OF COMMUNICATION PROPOSALS KOMUNIKAZIO-PROPOSAMENAK JASOTZEKO EPEA IREKI DA CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
Without doubt the social sciences have analytical tools to offer to those that believe, like us, that social scientists should make the crisis a priority in their interventions. A comparison allows us to highlight this assertion: social scientists cannot continue to take care of their affairs while the ship is sinking.
Michel Wieviorka, “What financial Crisis or social change?”. In M. Castells, J. Caraça and G. Cardoso (eds.), After the crisis, Alianza Editorial, Madrid.
Dossier for the Congress
- DIAGNOSTICS ON THE CRISIS
- CONSEQUENCES OF THE CRISIS
- ALTERNATIVES TO THE CRISIS
• Abstracts: until 31 march 2014 (Extended until 11 April 2014)
Summary with a maximum of 500 words which will conform to the following format:
- In empirical work, the abstract should contain the following fields: research topic and hypothesis; description of the data, including relevant characteristics of the population, the methods used to obtain the data and processes of analysis; the main results or conclusions.
- In theoretical papers, the summary should include the following: topic of study or starting points; detailed outline of the arguments followed; main conclusions.
The proposal must indicate which thematic area of the symposium is part of, preferably.
• Full texts: until the 15th of may of 2014
Word format or compatible. Will not be accepted PDF documents.
STANDARDS OF PRESENTATION
Authors and contact number of authors
- The proposals will have a maximum number of 4 authors.
- The proposals developed by more than one author should indicate the contact author, which may be any of the signatories regardless of the order of author.
- The contact author will be the interlocutor with the working group and the organization of the congress.
- A person can register a maximum of two times as author of contact, although it may be listed as co-author of all the texts in which you have participated.
- For the accepted proposal to appear in the program, the contact author must be registered for the Congress.
- All authors and co-authors will be able to obtain a certificate of submission of his communication, provided they are previously registered in the congress.
The Congress Scientific Committee will evaluate the submissions and will select the most relevant to the object of which will be published in a special issue of the journal INGURUAK (indexed in Latindex, INRECS, RESH, and Dialnet).
Format of the texts
Word format or compatible. Will not be accepted PDF documents. The first page of the text should include the following information in the order indicated:
- Title in capital letters
- Name of the author or authors
- Data of the contact author and the rest of the authors (optional)
- Five key words
The text string with a maximum of 7,000 words, including charts, tables, bibliography and notes. Line spacing of 1.5. Font Times New Roman 12
The notes should be reduced to the minimum and go to the bottom of the page
References and quotations. References should be cited in the text, indicating between parentheses the author’s surname, year of publication, and, in your case, the page. In case of two authors, both are cited. When there are three and more authors, cite the first followed by et al. When in the same parentheses citing two or more references, authors should follow a chronological order, and if all have been published in the same year, they should follow the alphabetical order. When the same author has more than one reference in the same year, you must include the year, followed by letters. Examples:
- One author: (Lopez, 2006).
- Two authors: (González and López, 2006).
- Three or more authors: (Lopez et al., 2006).
- Two or more references by the same author and year: (Lopez, 2006a; 2006b; 2006c).
- Two or more references together (Gonzalez, 2003; Pérez, 2005; López, 2006).
Bibliography. Must conform to the following format:
- Books: Author(s) (year) Title (italic), Place of edition, Editorial. Example: Lopez, Antonio (2006) Sociology, Madrid, Editorial Sierpes.
- Book chapters: Author(s) “Title of chapter”, in Author of editing or compilation, book Title (italic), Place of publication, Publisher, pages of the chapter. Example: Lopez, Antonio (2006) “Sociology of work” in Lopez, A. (ed.) Sociology, Madrid, Editorial Sierpes, pp. 50-70.
- Journal articles: Author(s) (year) “Title of article” in Title of journal (italics), volume and number, pages of article. Example: Lopez, Antonio (2006) “The sociology of action” enRevista of Sociology, vol 1, no. 2, pp. 7-36.
- Works edited by organizations: Organization (year) Title, Place of edition, Editorial. Example: INE (2006) Statistics of I+D, Madrid, INE.
- Online articles: Author(s) (year) “Title” available in URL. Example: Lopez, Antonio (2006) “Sociology” available in http://www.sociologia.org/libros.html.
Charts, graphs and tables. Shall be inserted and numbered as images in the body of the text. You should avoid sending files of the spreadsheet software (Excel Microsoft Office) is inserted within the text. Word processors have built in the function of “paste as picture” to insert a chart or a table from a spreadsheet program.
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS AND ABSTRACTS:
[email protected] Attach a copy to: [email protected]
The Basque association of Sociology and Political Science
Euskal Soziologia eta Zientzia Politikoaren Elkartea
The Basque Association of Sociology and Political Science
Hurtado de Amezaga, 27-9, dept. 9. 48008 Bilbao Tel: 94 410 07 40
More information at: www.avsp.es