Is a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT a good car?
Edmunds’ Expert Review Although engine performance is mediocre, the midsize 2007 Ford Explorer deserves consideration from anyone shopping for a traditional SUV, thanks to its superb road manners, long list of safety features and usable seating in all three rows.
What engine is in a 2007 Ford Explorer?
4.0 L V64.6 L V8
How many seats does a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT have?
How many seats does a 2007 Ford Explorer have?
Does 2007 Ford Explorer have heated seats?
Heated front seats, a power passenger seat, dual-zone automatic temperature control and a six-CD player with MP3 capability are standard in the Limited. Insulation materials used along the headliner, door panels and floor of the passenger compartment offer a quieter ride.
How much weight can a 2007 Ford Explorer tow?
Does a 2007 Ford Explorer have 3rd row seating?
The 2007 Ford Explorer can seat up to 5 people with standard first and second row seating installed in the Limited, Eddie Bauer or XLT trims. However, with a third row option, all trims can accommodate up to 7 passengers.
What year did Ford Explorer have 3rd row seating?
Can you add a third row seat to a 2006 Ford Explorer?
Many Ford Explorers come equipped with a third-row seat. If your Explorer didn’t, then you can install a third-row seat with a little mechanical know-how and some parts ordered from the factory or from a junkyard. It might be a little crowded, but the seat will fit.
How do you add a third row seat?
How to Add a 3rd Row Seat in a Vehicle
- Fold down the second row seats for additional working space.
- Pop off the back floor panel and pull the carpet lining over the folded back seats to expose the metal flooring.
- Place the brackets into each bracket indention.
- Attach the back panel over the carpet.
How do you remove the third row seat on a Ford Explorer?
The Ford Explorer is a truck-based, mid-sized SUV….How to Remove the 3rd Row Seat in a Ford Explorer
- Open the rear hatch of the vehicle.
- Fold the head restraint of the third row seat by pulling the strap located under it and pushing the head restraint down.
How do you manually move a power seat in a Ford Explorer?
What you will need
- If you have power seats don’t disconnect the car battery yet.
- Locate the two bolts at the back of the seat.
- Remove the two bolts on the back.
- Move the seat all the way back.
- Remove the two bolts at the front of the seat rails.
- Next, disconnect the car battery.
- Lift up the seat.
How do you remove a power seat switch?
How to Replace a Power Seat Switch
- Materials Needed.
- Step 1: Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Step 2: Remove the seat trim panel.
- Step 3: Remove the screws from the switch panel.
- Step 4: Remove the electrical connector.
- Step 1: Install the new switch.
- Step 2: Reinstall the switch panel.
How much does it cost to replace a power seat switch?
The average cost for power seat switch replacement is between $308 and $321. Labor costs are estimated between $49 and $62 while parts are priced at $259. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location.
How do I change a seat switch?
- Locate the power seat switch.
- Remove the seat trim panel to gain access to back side of the power seat switch.
- Check the power seat switch inputs to make sure the switch has power and ground.
- Supply power and ground to the power seat motor (bypassing the power seat switch).
- Remove the switch connector.