Is my 2011 iMac obsolete?
Apple considers the 2011 iMac a vintage product in the United States and Turkey, and obsolete in the rest of the world. Vintage products are not eligible for hardware-based services, though other types of support may be available. Obsolete products no longer are eligible for any type of hardware repair or support.
How much did an iMac cost in 2011?
Apple iMac (spring 2011) review: Apple iMac (spring 2011)
|Apple iMac 21-inch||Dell Inspiron One 2305|
|Display size/resolution||21.5-inc, 1,920×1,080||23-inch, 1,920×1,080|
|CPU||2.5GHz Intel Core i5 2400||2.4GHz AMD Phenom II X4 610e|
|Memory||4GB 1,333MHZ DDR3 SDRAM||8GB 1,33MHz DDR3 SDRAM|
What can I use my old iMac for?
Unless you want to turn it into a home decor item, you could use at least these 7 creative ways to turn it into something new.
- Install Linux on your old Mac.
- Make your old Apple laptop a Chromebook.
- Make a network-attached system out of your old Mac.
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Sell or recycle your old Mac.
What OS can mid 2011 iMac run?
Maximum Apple supported macOS for your 2011 iMac is High Sierra (10.13. 6), but minimum OS to upgrade is 10.8. You will need a 2 step process to get to High Sierra.
What is the latest OS for 2011 iMac?
Can mid 2011 iMac Run High Sierra?
A: Yes, the 2011 iMac can run High Sierra. You can upgrade to macOS High Sierra from OS X Mountain Lion or later on any of the following Mac models.
How do I upgrade my 2011 iMac to High Sierra?
How to download macOS High Sierra
- Make sure you have a fast and stable WiFi connection.
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Fin the last tab in the top menu, Updates.
- Click it.
- One of the updates is macOS High Sierra.
- Click Update.
- Your download has started.
- High Sierra will update automatically when downloaded.