Is someone remotely accessing my Mac?
If your computer is being remotely accessed, it will show a little viewer icon in the menu bar. (Note, I’ve been using screen sharing since OS X Leopard, and I’ve never seen the icon noted by de_an777 in his answer. Go into System Preferences > Shared.
How do I remove previous owners from my iMac?
How to Delete User Accounts from an Old Mac
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, click the Accounts icon, click the Lock icon, and enter your password.
- Select Logout from the Apple menu.
- On your new computer, triple-check that all the files for all accounts on the old machine have been transferred.
Can a Mac be hacked remotely?
Apple computers have a security flaw that means they can be hacked when they wake up from sleep mode. Normally this code is mostly read-only, but as the Mac wakes up there is a hole in its security, and the code can be changed remotely.
How do I change owner on my iMac?
While it is easy to change the full name associated with the account, there is no way to change an account’s user name. The only way to completely change the administrative account information is to create a new administrator account of your own and then delete the account the previous owner set up for his own use.
How do I reset a MacBook pro for a new owner?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my Mac?
How to Delete an Apple ID / iCloud Account from Mac OS
- Go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner then choose ‘System Preferences’
- Choose “Apple ID” and then click on “Overview”
- Click on “Log Out” at the bottom left corner and confirm you wish to log out of iCloud on the Mac.
How do I restore my Mac computer to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I wipe and reset my MacBook?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window. It’s here that you can erase your hard disk and perform the reset.
How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac without CD?
How to Set a MacBook to Factory Reset Without Disks
- Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” as your Mac boots up.
- Click on “Disk Utility” and select your computer’s hard drive from the sidebar.
- Select the “Erase” tab and click on Erase” to remove all of your personal data from the computer.
How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
How do I factory reset my 2008 iMac keyboard?
while simulatenouly pressing and holding Windows key + R key on windows keyboard, press and hold the Power button on Mac Mini until MacOS utilities dialog appears. Let go off the keys and power button now. Erase (i.e.) format the disk using Disk Utility option from MacOS utilities dialog.
How much does a 2009 iMac sell for?
According to www.everymac.com the estimated value is $700 to $900. Similar to selling a car, it will very according to location, condition and extras. When you do sell it be sure to prepare it for sale according to this Apple document: What to do before selling or giving away your Mac – Apple Support.