This program is especially suitable to be used autonomously by those fathers and mothers that, no need to go to school parents, want to learn strategies with proven effectiveness in the education of the children from a positive perspective.
The program EDUCATES answers to the questions that are often asked by parents about the education of their children: what to do? and how do you do it?
Many times mothers and fathers say they have fear of failure in educational standards that have to follow their children and were distressed by the idea that this could generate in the future conduct problems more serious. Also, they complain that, despite having information about what they have to do, do not know how to do it, that is to say, do not know how to put it into daily practice in the education of their children.
The main objective of the education programme is to serve as a guide to facilitate to the parents the educational process of children. The content is developed in sessions which include in each a necessary explanation that will enable parents to acquire the necessary skills to:
• Maintain and/or increase the appropriate behaviors of the child.
• Teach the children good habits.
• To correct those behaviors that are inadequate.
• Encourage those behaviors that do not, even though he knows them.
In the text is also collected on work sheets with all the material necessary to carry out these tasks.
- Session 1. Presentation of the education programme.
- Session 2. Positive attitude to be parents. Positive education.
- Session 3. What I need to know before we act?
- Session 4. The instruments are dispensable.
- Session 5. When the child does not know, who will teach you?
- Session 6. When the behavior is inappropriate, who’s correct? I.
- Session 7. When the behavior is inappropriate, who’s correct? II.
- Session 8. When a child knows and does not do it, who will motivate you to do it?
- Session 9. The end of the beginning. Joint application of techniques.
Brief review about the authors
Miguel Ángel Díaz-Sibaja. Doctor in psychology, master in cognitive-behavioural therapy, specialist in clinical psychology and a degree in philosophy and education sciences. Author and co-author of several publications including: “education Programme”, “SOS… I have been diagnosed with Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis”, “Learning to be happy… if I try” and “guard your heart”. Currently is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Community Mental Health Unit (USMC) of Algeciras.
María Isabel Comeche Moreno. Phd in psychology, specialist in clinical psychology and a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and education sciences. Author, director and co-author of publications as prestigious as: “Handbook of behavior therapy in infancy”,“psychological Evaluation and treatment of chronic pain” and “a Guide to psychological treatment effective: Psychology of health”. Currently is a professor in the Department of Psychology of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatments, UNED and coordinator of the Master of Behavioral Therapy.
Marta Isabel Diaz Garcia. Phd in psychology, specialist in clinical psychology and a degree in psychology. Author and co-author of publications as prestigious as: “Manual of techniques of intervention cognitive behavioral” and “History of psychotherapy: teaching guide”. Currently is a professor in the Department of Psychology of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatments, UNED and coordinator of the Specialist’s degree in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy in Childhood and Adolescence and the Specialist degree in Psychological Treatment of Obesity and Disorders of Eating Behaviour.