The need to plot a path that does not leave us in the gutter of the irreversible, has led us to prepare two numbers, under the heading of “Reflections for a political agenda:” to offer a different content. The previous one was more focused on a framework exploratory on the structure and the context, and this that the reader has in his hands offers policy proposals more concrete.
There are reasons for hope, to build a society that is build on other values or principles, with experiences that have already proven their viability, but in the field of policy proposals, requires a willingness to daring to take care of the specific commitment. It is an appropriate time to build a new proposal, to regain the lost confidence and bet for the person and recognition of their dignity. This is the spirit that encourages the contributions of this special issue of corporate Documentation dedicated to proposed concrete in social policy, because social policies are a reflection of the society, of its people-centred development, or his surrender to the economic.
Presentation. Juan J. López Jiménez
- 1. The utopia of a government of humanity.Daniel Innerarity
- 2. Building an agenda in social policy. Fernando Fantova
- 3. The justiciability of the rights económicosociales in Europe. Paula Garcia Pedraza
- 4. Tell me what health you have, and I will tell you what society you want. Pedro Fuentes Rey
- 5. The participation of the families in the school: an outstanding question. Jordi Garreta Bochaca
- 6. Major urban areas: conflicts post-industrial and political challenges. Juan José Villalón Ogáyar
- 1. Economic Crisis and poverty in the Canary islands. Vanessa del Pino González García, C. Delia Dávila Quintana and Santiago Rodríguez Feijoó
- 2. The conceptual integration of human rights and development in the debate on universality-specificity of the rights. Ignacio Aymerich Ojea
- 3. Human rights, human development and universal citizenship. Ethical references. Xabier Etxeberria
- 1. Report on the impact of the financial and economic crisis on human rights.
- 1. The struggle for justice. Selection of texts of Ignacio Ellacuría (1969-1989). Eduardo Ibáñez Ruiz del Portal
- 2. The employment of vulnerable people: a social investment profitable. Impact evaluation of the operational programme plurirregional fight against discrimination. Rafael del Rio Sendino, Miguel Carballeda Piñeiro, Juan Manuel Suárez del Toro and Pedro Puente Fernández
- 3. The state of food insecurity in the world 2013. The multiple dimensions of food security. United Nations organization for food and agriculture
About Documentation Social
Journal of Social Studies and Applied Sociology is dedicated to analysis monographs. Since 1957 offers monographic subjects which combine theory and practice, and where inequality and exclusion are the coordinates present in your content. It is a means that gives us to know, describe to us the routes and processes of social intervention.
Documentation Social magazine “Social Studies and Applied Sociology” is at the service of the people, groups, institutions, movements, etc, that are committed to act against exclusion and to create the conditions for a society with new values, where the person is recognised as such. Corporate documentation has a statement of ethics and of good practice.
This magazine is published on a quarterly basis, thus offering the reader 4 issues per year. You can subscribe at the following link:
Subscribe to the Journal of Social Studies and Applied Sociology