What are 30 items in a first aid kit?
List of 33 First Aid Kit Travel Content
- Adhesive tape.
- 4″ x 4″ sterile gauze pads.
- Antacid – for indigestion.
- Antidiarrheal (Imodium, Pepto-Bismol, for example)
- Antihistamine cream.
- Antiseptic agent (small bottle liquid soap) – for cleaning wounds and hands.
- Aspirin – for mild pain, heart attack.
- Adhesive bandages (all sizes)
What is not allowed in a first aid kit?
“First aid kits may not contain prescription or over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, Ibuprofen, decongestants, sinus relief, etc. These are not first aid items. Employees who require these medications are encouraged to bring them to work for their personal use,” he said.
Where should you keep a first aid kit?
At home the best place to keep the kit is in the kitchen – since this is often a gathering place – as well as where many injuries occur. It is not a good idea to keep your home kit in the bathroom due to the amount of humidity, as many medications are recommended to keep at room temperature.
How do I apply for basic first aid?
Basic first aid treatment: CALL 911 for medical assistance….
- Control any bleeding by applying direct pressure or with elevation.To avoid risk of infection, do not close wound.
- Rinse the bite thoroughly, holding it under running water.
- do not put ointments or medicines on wound.
- seek medical assistance immediately.
What makes a good first aider?
A key skill of a first aider is being able to recognise someone who needs quick emergency help. Good practical training is necessary to allow the first aider to be able to assess hazards and provide first aid in a confident manner. It is also important to display kind and comforting behaviour to accident victims.
What skills does a first aider need?
What are the skills needed to be a first aider?
- Communication skills / interpersonal ability. First aid is all about people!
- Confidence. We believe a certain amount of confidence is required to be a first aider.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork & Leadership.