What are camp counselor responsibilities?
Camp Counselor Job Responsibilities: Plans, leads, and implements camp programs for children. Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for camp participants. Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
What do you say in a camp counselor interview?
Behavioral Interview Questions for Camp Counselors
- Explain a time when you had a conflict with a friend, coworker, or employer.
- Tell me about a time that you helped solve a particularly difficult issue with a child.
- Give an example of a time when you helped an upset/sad child and made them happier.
Why should we hire you as a camp counselor?
When you hire a former camp counselor, you know you are getting someone who is: A strong communicator. This creates the opportunity to practice many different communication styles and develops the ability to converse with different people or groups in a way that meets their needs. A great team member.
Why would you want to be a camp counselor?
1. You get to be a role model. For however long you have the opportunity to interact with the campers, you quickly become one of the coolest (and most influential) people in their lives. Camp counselors especially have the opportunity to impact campers because of the amount of time spent with their kids.
Is being a camp counselor fun?
Whether it’s about leadership, patience, critical thinking or becoming flexible – all these are essential in all parts of life. Whether it’s a summer job you need to get by or an opportunity to gain experience, becoming a camp counselor is fun and rewarding.
What should a camp counselor bring?
The Stuff to Pack in Your Suitcase/Backpack
- 2 Pairs of Sports Shorts. You’ll be walking thousands of steps a day… and it’s hot!
- A Pair of Casual Shorts. If it’s in the budget, pack a pair of casual shorts.
- 2 Pairs of Swim Shorts/Bathing Suits.
- 10 Pairs of Underwear/Socks.
- A Hoodie.
- A Rainjacket.
- A Pair of Jeans.
- Flip Flops.
What should I bring to a camping job?
Everyone had their first day at camp so they know what you are going through, ask questions.
- cash for canteen.
- water bottle for your room.
- piss jug optional for your room.
- toiletries bag you can hang.
- quick dry sandals for shower.
- comfortable after work shoes for dining hall, comfortable clothes for after work.
What do I need for overnight summer camp?
Day & Overnight campers should bring the following:
- Reusable water bottle. Some summer camps provide them, some don’t.
- Headphones or earbuds.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (preferably tennis shoes)
- A jacket or sweatshirt.
- Bathing suit and sunscreen.
- Spending money.
- Alarm clock.
What should I bring to a church camp?
Packing: Items You will Need (But Can Probably Borrow or Buy at Camp Store)
- Toiletries (body wash/soap, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Sunscreen (and aloe for missed spots)
- Reusable water bottle.
- Baseball hat.
- Books for down time.
What should a teenage girl bring camping?
What to Bring to Girls Summer Camp
- 5-6 pair shorts.
- 2 pair jeans or long pants.
- 8-10 t-shirts / tanks.
- Long-sleeve shirt.
- 2 sweatshirts.
- 10+ pair underwear.
- 10+ pair socks.
- 2 pair pajamas.
What do I need for winter camping?
Use gear that’s right for winter camping: You’ll need a sturdy tent, a warm sleeping bag, two sleeping pads and a stove suitable for cold temperatures. Bring warmer clothing: Midweight base layers, fleece pants, a puffy coat, and a waterproof jacket and pants are standard.
How do you pack for a Boy Scout camp?
CLOTHING AND BEDDING
- Shorts and/or pants (6), shirts (4) and Troop tee shirts, Class A Uniform (2) (they will need at least 1 pair of long pants for service work and horseback riding) …
- Daily change of underwear and socks.
- Bathing Suit.
- Raincoat and/or poncho.
- Hiking Boots.
What are the ten Boy Scout essentials?
The Scout Basic Essentials (10 Essentials)
- First-aid kit.
- Extra clothing.
- Rain gear.
- Water bottle.
- Trail food.
- Matches and fire starters.
What are the six Cub Scout essentials?
Cub Scout Six Essentials for Hiking Quick List
- First Aid Kit.
- Water Bottle.
- Trail Food.
- Sun Protection.
What are the scout essentials?
Boy Scouts of America’s “Scout Basic Essentials” are quite similar (Map and Compass, Sun Protection, Extra Clothing, Flashlight, First-Aid Kit, Matches and Fire-starters, Pocketknife, Trail Food, Water Bottle, and Rain Gear.)
What are the 12 Scout Laws?
There are 12 principles a Boy Scout lives by which is actually considered the Scout Law. “A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.”
What every scout should know?
mentally awake, and morally straight. Scout Law: A Scout is …Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent. Scout Motto: Be Prepared. Scout Slogan: Do a good turn daily.
What are the 10 essentials for survival?
What Are The Classic “Ten Essentials”?
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Extra clothing.
- First-aid supplies.
What is the most important survival item?
- Critical Item #1: Proper Clothing. Dress for the Worst Conditions you may Encounter.
- Critical Item #2: Means to Light a Fire.
- Critical Item #3: Survival Knife.
- Critical Item #4: Whistle.
- Critical Item #5: Personal First Aid Kit.
- Critical Item #6: Compass.
- Critical Item #7: Cord.
- Critical Item #8: Signal Mirror.
What are the 5 most important survival skills?
5 Basic Survival Skills
- Basic Survival Skill 1: Fire. Fire is the king of survival techniques!
- Basic Survival Skill 2: Shelter.
- Basic Survival Skill 3: Signaling.
- Basic Survival Skill 4: Food & Water.
- Basic Survival Skill 5: First Aid.
What is the best survival tool?
14 Wilderness Survival Tools You Should Always Have in the Backcountry
- Water Filtration.
- Flashlight / Head Lamp.
- Signal Mirror.
- Space Blanket.
- SPOT locator.
- A dry bag or Ursack.
What are essential survival items?
Basic Survival Kit Supplies
- Tools. Multi-tool. Pocket knife. Pliers.
- Illumination. Flashlight. Two sets of extra batteries. Emergency candles.
- Water Purification Tablets.
- Cordage and Tape. Duct tape. 200 feet of Paracord.
- Fire-Starting Kit. Flint or magnesium Firestarter. Matches.
- Metal Pot or Mugs.
- Space Blanket.
- Emergency Poncho.
What items do you need for survival?
What Do You Need In A Survival Kit?
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
What is the best multi-tool for survival?
The Best Survival Multi-Tools
- Leatherman Surge Heavy Duty Survival Multi-Tool.
- SOG PowerAssist Multi-Tool.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Survival Multi-Tool.
- Leatherman Wave Plus Survival Multi-Tool.
- Gerber Suspension Survival Multi-Tool.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Multi-Tool.
- RoverTac Upgraded Survival Multi-Tool.
Why is Leatherman so expensive?
The issue with pricing that leatherman has is that they produce it in the USA which means expensive production and material costs; then when you ship it abroad you add more cost. Leatherman is aware of this though, they will start a program of reducing the price on key lines globall whilst increasing costs in the USA.
Are you allowed to carry a multi-tool?
It’s legal to carry a multi-tool in public if the multi-tool has a knife with a cutting edge 3 inches (7.62 cms) or less AND it’s a friction blade.
Is Leatherman better than Gerber?
The most important things to consider when Leatherman is compared to Gerber, are where the tools are made, their warranties, and ease of use. Compared to Gerber, Leatherman has a slight edge in fit and finish over Gerber, but Gerber wins with its lifetime warranty. Both have similar tools that resemble each other.