What are some topics in US history?
- Civil War.
- Cold War.
- Great Depression.
- Inventions & Science.
- Mexican-American War.
- Natural Disasters & Environment.
- Red Scare.
What do you say in a jam session?
These are some tips for planning a JAM session….Remember to wear a smile and confidence in your face.
- You can begin with a thank you note.
- Describe the topic in simple language.
- Avoid long sentences and complex vocabulary.
- Speak with a clear voice.
- Don’t use negative words and sentences.
How can I speak just a minute?
How to play (and win) Just A Minute
- When the chair says start talking, start talking.
- Try not to speak too quickly.
- 3. …
- Never say ‘er’, ‘erm’, ‘um’, or ‘ahhhh’.
- You can only repeat the words on the card.
- Short words don’t count as repetitions.
- Having said that, watch out for acronyms, because letters do count.
- Don’t change the topic – that’s deviation.
How can I speak in Gd?
- On the day of GD, dress in comfortable clothes clothes that are simply you.
- Be confident but avoid being over confident.
- Talk sense.
- Listen carefully and speak only at the appropriate time.
- Be very sure of what you are speaking.
- Use easy-to-understand English.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
How do you say a good discussion?
That’s a very good/important point. You’ve got a good point there. Yes, of course/definitely/absolutely Marvelous. That’s exactly what I mean/say.
How do you disagree in Gd?
Even if you disagree with the other’s point of view, disagree politely. Use phrases like, ‘I would like to disagree a bit here’ or ‘I am sorry, but I think I have a slightly different point of view’. ~ Be precise: Abstain from using irrelevant information and data from your talks during a GD.
How do you politely oppose someone?
Five useful ways to disagree politely in English
- “I see what you’re saying but…”
- “I understand where you’re coming from, but…”
- “That’s a valid point, but…”
- “I’m sorry but I disagree with you about this.”
How do I start a GD example?
There are different techniques to initiate a GD in order to make a remarkable first impression:
- Quotes. An effective way of initiating a GD.
- Definition. One can start a GD by defining the topic or an important term in the topic.
- Shocking statement.
- Facts figures and statistics.
- Short story.
- General statement.