What are some unique interview questions?
Tell me about a time when a job or company felt like a bad fit for your personality and why. Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that was fun to work with. How did you balance productivity and fun with your co-workers? Tell me about the most unique company event or outing you’ve ever participated in.
What to say when an interviewer asks if you have any questions?
The best questions will come as a result of listening to the questions the interviewer asks you. A good response to the interviewer asking, “Do you have any questions?” would be: “Yes, I do. From what you’ve been asking during the interview, it sounds like you have a problem with customer retention.
What are the worst interview questions?
The Five Worst Interview Questions:
- With so many good candidates, why should I hire you?
- What’s your greatest weakness?
- What would your last boss say about you?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What do you bring to our department?
What questions employers Cannot ask?
It is illegal to ask a candidate questions about their:
- Age or genetic information.
- Birthplace, country of origin or citizenship.
- Gender, sex or sexual orientation.
- Marital status, family, or pregnancy.
- Race, color, or ethnicity.
What questions can an employer ask?
When you actually have a job, your employer is normally only allowed to require a medical exam or ask medical questions if they have reason to believe that the existence of a condition or disability will impact upon an employee’s ability to perform their job safely and properly, or to support an employee’s request that …
Can an employer ask why you are sick?
Is it legal for an employer to ask why you are sick? No federal law prohibits employers from asking employees why they are out sick. They are free to ask questions such as when you expect to return to work. They may also require you to furnish proof of your illness, such as a note from a physician.
Can my boss ask me personal questions?
As an employer, you are not allowed to ask about an individual’s past or present personal health, including operations, hospital visits, or doctor’s appointments. You also need to avoid any questions about mental health, disabilities, and anything else related to the mental and physical status of the employee.
Can my boss ask me about my personal life?
Generally speaking, an employer may not inquire or otherwise obtain facts about highly personal aspects of an employee’s private life. For example, an employer may not ask an employee about her sex life with her husband.
Can my employer ask me why I need time off?
Employers often ask the details of the illness and how long the employee expects to be out. There is no federal or state law prohibiting an employer from asking certain questions when an employee calls in sick. If your employer has a paid time off (PTO) system, you can most likely use your PTO for any purpose.
What is a good reason for requesting off work?
You most likely won’t be paid for the days you take off if you don’t have vacation leave to cover them, but your manager may be agreeable to letting you miss work. If you need more than a few days off owing to illness, injury, or family issues, consider asking for a leave of absence or family and medical leave.
What do you say when requesting time off?
Remain available for questions.
- Write a short, direct subject line.
- State your purpose for writing.
- Include the dates you’re requesting.
- Consider mentioning why you’re taking time off.
- Discuss how you’re preparing for time off.
- Remain available for questions.
- Research your company’s vacation policy.
How do you text your boss that you can’t come in?
“I am sick and won’t be able to make it in today. I hope I’ll be well enough to come in tomorrow, but may need to take an extra day. I’ll keep you posted.” “I have a fever and think I may be coming down with something, so I need to take a sick day today.
Is texting to call in sick OK?
In some instances, it’s perfectly fine to send a quick text message to tell your boss you’re taking a sick day. For example, if you work an early or late shift, your boss will probably appreciate a text message over a phone call that wakes her up.
How do you text in sick call?
Sick? Text Message to Boss Examples
- “I have (the flu/a cold/etc.)
- “I’m feeling ill today and don’t think I can do my job efficiently.
- “I’m not feeling well today and need to take the day off.”
- “I’m not feeling well and need to use a sick day, but I’ll be back at work tomorrow.”
Can you text in sick to work?
Your health matters and pushing yourself to work when you are very sick means that you might become ill enough to have to spend time in the hospital. If you are out of sick days or PTO days and you are too sick to come to work, you should call your employer and not text in sick.
How can I fake sick to work?
How to Fake Sick at Work
- Fake a Fever. Make your face hot and sweaty. Cover yourself with many layers of clothes and blankets.
- Fake Upset Stomach. Display a decline in appetite. Keep a bowl or bucket by you. Spend more time in the bathroom.
- Fake a Cold or Flu. Breathe only through your mouth. Fake sneezing or coughing.
Is it OK to take a sick day when not sick?
In other words, it should be okay to take days off when you need them. You need to if you’re going to bring your best self to work each day. And if you’re taking off for that reason, that it’s not so much a lie as it is a different kind of sick day.
How many sick days are acceptable?
In general terms, the law requires employers to provide and allow employees to use at least 24 hours or three days of paid sick leave per year.