What are the characteristics of democracy Class 9?
Hint: Democracy can be simply defined as the government for the people, of the people and by the people….Complete answer:
- In a Democracy, people have the right to vote and hence choose their representatives.
- Democracy involves extensive debate and discussion.
- Democracy also ensures transparency.
What are the characteristics of democracy quizlet?
Terms in this set (7)
- Democracy. a system of government that gives power to the people.
- Citizen Rule. citizens have the power to decide who will be the decision makers that run the government.
- Majority Rule and Minority Rights.
- Individual Rights.
- Free and Fair Elections.
- Citizen Participation.
- Cooperation and Compromise.
What are 4 characteristics of a democracy?
According to American political scientist Larry Diamond, democracy consists of four key elements: a political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; the active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; protection of the human rights of all citizens; …
What are four characteristics democracy?
He describes democracy as a system of government with four key elements: i) A system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; ii) Active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; iii) Protection of the human rights of all citizens; and iv) A rule of law in …
What are the main features of democracy Class 10?
Features of democracy:
- Government elected by the people.
- Free and fair elections.
- Government run by the people.
- Accommodation of diversities.
- All citizens possess democratic rights.
What are merits and demerits of democracy Class 9?
A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government. Democracy improves the quality of Decision Making. Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts. Democracy allows people to correct their own mistakes.
What are the three demerits of democracy?
Some demerits of democracy are:
- Change in leader brings instability.
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play.
- Consultation in a democracy from many people leads to delays.
- Not knowing the best interest of the people by the elected leaders leads to bad decisions.
What are its merits and demerits?
The difference between merits and demerits is that merits are the strengths of anything be it a policy,law, agreement, action. They show what benefits it has and how it can be gainfully used. Demerits on the other hand are the weaknesses of anything. They tell what problems one should anticipate .
What are the merits and demerits of mean median and mode?
I the case of simple statistical series, just a glance at the data is enough to locate the median value. (2) Free from the effect of extreme values: – Unlike arithmetic mean, median value is not destroyed by the extreme values of the series. (3) Certainty: – Certainty is another merits is the median.
What are the demerits of democracy Class 9?
Demerits of democracy
- Leaders keep changing in a democracy leading to instability.
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play, leaving no scope for morality.
- Many people have to be consulted in a democracy that leads to delays.
- Elected leaders do not know the best interest of the people, resulting in bad decisions.
What is the main demerit of democracy?
A slow and inefficient government. The most common demerit of democracy is that its functioning is slow. The decision-making process involves lengthy debates and deliberations in Parliament. It takes a long time before decisions are made.
What are the arguments in Favour of democracy?
The arguments in favour of democracy are: (i) A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government. (ii) Democracy improves the quality of decision-making. (iii) Democracy provides methods to deal with differences and conflicts.
What are the 7 types of governments?
Terms in this set (7)
- Democracy. A government where the majority makes the decisions by voting.
- Republic. A government where people choose other people to make decisions for us.
- Communism. A government where people are all “equal”.
- Autocracy. A government where one person makes all the rules.
What arguments are given against democracy enlist any five?
The arguments against democracy are: (ii) Democracy is all about political competition and power play. There is no scope for morality. (iii) So many people have to be consulted in a democracy that it leads to delays. (iv) Elected leaders do not know the best interest of the people.
What are the arguments in Favour of democracy Class 9?
Write any five arguments in favour of democracy?
- A democratic government is a more accountable form of government.
- Democracy improves the quality of decision-making and reduces the chances of rash or irresponsible decisions taken.
- Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts.
- Democracy enhances the dignity of concise.
Is there any scope for morality in democracy justify?
There is no scope for morality in democracy. Democracy allows millions of people to have voting powers on issues about which they are ill informed. People with little or no knowledge of the democratic process can be easily misled by opportunists.
How are governments classified?
Classifying Governments Governments can be classified by three different standards: (1) Who can participate in the governing process (2) The geographic distribution of the governmental power within the state (3) The relationship between the legislative (lawmaking) and the executive (law-executing) branches of the …
What are the 3 characteristics used to classify governments?
Classify governments according to three sets of characteristics. unitary, federal, and confederate.