What are the lofts of fairway woods?
Fairway woods have a higher loft than drivers. A 3 wood has a loft between 15 and 18 degrees, and a 5 wood has a loft between 20 and 22 degrees. The higher the golf club number, the higher the loft. Higher lofted woods (7, 9, 11, and so on) are commonly referred to as utility woods.
What is the loft on a 7 fairway wood?
Fairway Wood Loft Manufacturers also bring out high launch 3 woods up to 16.5 degrees. Traditionally a 4 wood would be 17 degrees and a 2 wood would be 12 degrees, although these clubs are lesser-seen these days. A 5 wood is usually 18-19 degrees, whilst a 7 wood will be around 21 degrees.
What degree loft should my 3 wood be?
Make sure your 3-wood has enough loft, 15 or 16 degrees. A lot of golfers are carrying 13-degree models, which just scream for you to help them get the ball up. When you hit range balls with your 3-wood, tee it up sometimes.
How far do fairway woods go?
As far as distances you should hit your fairway woods, it will vary. Most male golfers can hit a fairway wood between 180 yards and 250 yards. Women average between 100 yards and 190 yards with their fairway woods and the PGA Tour pro’s can hit woods 250 to 300+ yards.
What’s the best fairway wood for high handicappers?
Best Fairway Woods for High Handicappers and Beginners Reviews
- Taylormade SIM Max. Maximum tech to hit it easier off the deck.
- Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo. Good for beginners and high handicappers who slice the ball.
- Cobra F-Max Airspeed Fairway Wood.
- Cobra Radspeed Fairway Wood.
- Tour Edge Hot Launch E521.
- PING G425 MAX.
How far should I hit my 5 wood?
What is the easiest to hit fairway wood?
Most Forgiving 3 Wood
- Cleveland Turbo HB Launcher (best fairway wood for all golfers)
- Cobra RadSpeed (super distance and easy to hit for ANYONE)
- Callaway Epic Max (large club head with shallow face for confident looks)
- Taylormade SIM 2 MAX (best for mid to high handicappers)
Is it easier to hit a hybrid or fairway wood?
Some players find hybrid clubs easier to hit than fairway woods due to the shorter shaft length. A hybrid is played more like an iron, while a fairway wood has a longer shaft length. Fairway woods are a good option for players seeking distance from a good lie in the fairway or from the tee.
What is a 5 wood used for in golf?
A 5-wood is used by golfers who need to hit the ball between 180 and 240 yards, depending on the skill level of the golfer. High-handicap players generally use a 5-wood to hit second shots from the fairway on par 5s and to reach long par 3s.
What is the best 5 wood for a high handicapper?
Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers
- Best Overall: TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood.
- Best Value for Money: TaylorMade Mens RBZ Fairway Wood.
- Premium Option: Callaway Epic Flash Fairway Wood.
- Exceptional Fairway Club for High Handicappers: Cobra Golf Men’s King F8 Fairway.
Is a 5-wood hard to hit?
But it is one of the most difficult clubs to hit because of the low loft and much smaller head compared to a driver. The 5-wood, on the other hand, is slightly shorter but has 3-4° extra degrees of loft. It is generally easier to hit too because of the high loft and more control on the short shaft.
Should high handicappers use a 3 wood?
High handicappers should use fairway woods because they really are golf improvement clubs. A high handicap golfer will see good distance off of the tee with their three wood because of the low center of gravity, and you will be able to get the ball in the air easier than with a driver.