What do you say at a career fair?
Think about what you’ll bring with you, what you’ll wear, and which companies you plan to target. Ask questions about everything from the skills they value to their organization’s company culture. Be prepared to describe your career, skills, and goals in 30 seconds or less.
How do I approach my employer at a career fair?
How to Stand Out at a Job Fair
- Go to a job fair that serves a specific industry.
- Research companies beforehand.
- Don’t be afraid to walk right up to an employer’s booth and launch into your spiel.
- Be able to briefly explain yourself and what you do (or want to do) in 20 seconds.
- Hand out your resume, not a business card.
What does a virtual career fair look like?
What is a virtual job fair? Virtual job fairs take place at a designated time and are similar to a webinar. Recruiters and job seekers meet in a virtual space via chat rooms, teleconferencing, webcasts, and/or email to exchange information about job postings.
How do you introduce yourself in 2 minutes?
5 useful tips on how to introduce yourself in 2 minutes
- Be simple. Sounds easy, but the simplest things are often the hardest.
- Be relevant. Your speech should be structured.
- Be confident. Show your originality by explaining why you are both unique and reliable.
- Be ready to convince. Be confident and convincing about what you’re saying.
- Smile. Yes, do not forget to smile!
How can I introduce myself in 90 seconds?
Here’s an outline you can use to develop your own 90-second commercial:
- Start with a brief introduction.
- My background is…
- I specialize in…
- I’ve worked at…
- I was responsible for…
- I’m especially proud of…
- I’m excited to be here because…
- Close, but keep the conversation flowing.
How long should be Tell me about yourself?
‘Tell me about yourself’: An example of the perfect answer There isn’t a standard rule for how long your answer should be, though a general guideline is to keep it under two minutes.
Should I say my name in Tell me about yourself?
Absolutely. You must be careful when preparing for this interview question. First, think of how this would sound: “My name is Heather and I have an 11-year old son. I am very actively involved in his school and try to volunteer as much as possible.” What does the potential employer hear?
Where do u see urself after 5 years?
Be sure to keep your answer for the “where do you see yourself in 5 years” interview question brief and general. Talk about how you want to develop yourself as a professional in the context of the position. For example, you want to learn an extra, relevant skill that will compliment your role.