What do you write in a person specification?
Purpose. The person specification is a description of the qualifications, skills, experience, knowledge and other attributes (selection criteria) which a candidate must possess to perform the job duties. The specification should be derived from the job description and forms the foundation for the recruitment process.
What are the elements of job specification?
There are four components of job specification: Educational qualification, experience, skills and knowledge, characteristics and personality traits.
What is a person specification example?
The person specification Qualifications: these should be appropriate to the level of expertise required by the role. Examples might include: punctual; good team worker; proactive; flexible approach to change; customer-focussed; attention to detail; professional approach; enthusiasm for [aspects of role].
What is job description and person specification?
A job description sets out the overall purpose of a role and the main tasks to be carried out. The associated person specification details the skills and experience required in order to perform the job effectively.
What are the disadvantages of a person specification?
- It is a time-consuming process as it has to be very thorough and complete.
- A job description is time-bound and changes with changing technology and changing knowledge & skill requirements.
What are the benefits of job specification?
It ensures an objective approach removing levels of subjectivity. Prevents unsuitable applicants: The process also aides candidates applying. A detailed job description with the essential criteria will ensure that only those with the right experience, skills, and qualifications apply.
What are the advantages of a CV?
Here are seven reasons why investing your time, effort and hard-earned money in a great CV will pay dividends:
- A GREAT CV creates the right mindset.
- A GREAT CV reduces the legwork in your job search.
- A GREAT CV puffs up your chest with pride.
- A GREAT CV flexes your employability muscle.
What are the key qualities of a successful CV?
Writing a successful CV: 5 key factors
- Structure: Briefly and succinctly list experiences / qualifications in the form of bullet points.
- Accuracy and completeness of job information:
- Use Keywords and refer to the job description.
- Layout and visual appearance:
- Spelling mistakes and truth of information:
What strengths do jobs look for?
8 Traits Employers Really Want In You
- Comfortable confidence. Employers want to hire professionals who are comfortable with themselves.
- Willingness to listen and learn. Employers obviously want to hire professionals who have the skills necessary to do the job.
What are good employability skills?
Employability skills include things like:
- Good communication.
- Motivation and initiative.
- Following instructions.
- Team work.
What are employee skills?
Here, we explore 6 skills of a good employee, that go beyond the technical.
- Communication. Unless you work on your own and for yourself, you will have to communicate during work in some shape or form.
- Time management.
- Problem-solving skills.
How can I be a strong employee?
9 Tips On How To Be A Good Employee
- Behave Professionally.
- Learn How To Do Your Job Well.
- Work Hard.
- Be Part Of The Solution.
- Cultivate Relationships.
- Volunteer For New Projects.
- Be on Time!!
- Set Big Goals For Yourself and Your Career.
What strengths should be written in resume?
Listing skills on a resume is one thing….Here’s a general list of examples of strengths for a resume:
- Technical skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication.
What skills do you put on a student resume?
Employers are always looking for employees with strong written and oral communication skills, so be sure to emphasize your communication experiences.
- Customer service.
- Good listener.
- Guest services.
- Verbal communication.