What is a discussion board on Blackboard?
A Discussion Board is an asynchronous communication tool that allows students to collaborate with others through posting or answering questions. Students respond to a discussion board forum topic by creating a thread, or replying to an existing thread.
How do you post a discussion on blackboard?
To add a discussion board to the Blackboard Course Menu:
- Click the Discussions link on the Course Menu.
- Click Create Forum Link.
- Type a name for the link and choose the options you need.
- Click Submit.
How do you use CUNY Blackboard?
- How do I access Blackboard?
- Log in through the CUNY Portal.
- a. In your web browser, navigate to www.cuny.edu.
- b. Click the Portal Log-in link.
- c. Enter your CUNY Portal username and password and click the Log-in button.
- d. Click on the Blackboard link.
- teaching are displayed in the My Courses module.
How do I post to CUNY on blackboard?
1. Go to the Blackboard course site and select the area in which your instructor posted the assignment (e.g., Class Sessions, Course Information, Course Materials, Assignments, etc.). 2. Click on the link to submit your assignment.
Can blackboard teachers see drafts?
Draft posts To access your drafts, return to the forum page and set it to List View. Access the Display menu and select Drafts Only to view the saved post.
Does blackboard automatically save drafts?
When posting to a discussion board in Blackboard, you will see that you have a “save draft” button located next to your “submit” button. If you begin to create your post and need to step away, you can click to “save draft” and Blackboard will save what you have entered for you to go back to later and finish.
How do I edit my discussion post on Blackboard as a student?
Edit or delete replies
- Open a thread in a forum.
- On the thread’s page, point to a post to view the available functions.
- Select Edit or Delete. The delete action is irreversible.
- When you edit, the page expands so that you can make edits in the editor while you view the original post.
- Select Submit.
Is there any way to recover what I just typed?
Simply hold down your “CTRL” key and simultaneously press the “z” key. This will back you up to your “Lost” work . Here is the tip bolded; IF YOU HAPPEN TO “STRAY” FROM THE PAGE YOU HAVE TYPED FURIOUSLY ON FOR AN HOUR AND THINK YOUR WORK IS LONG GONE TRY THIS LITTLE “TRICK” TO RESTORE YOUR WORK!
Is there a way to access old blackboard courses?
Jump to the “Original” help about the courses tab. From the list where your name appears, you can view a list of your courses. You can return to previous courses to review content, reuse material, and prepare your future courses. Your institution controls the page that appears after you log in.
Where is the site manager in Blackboard?
Site Manager: If you have editing or administrative privileges you can access the Site Manager from the dashboard after you sign in.
How can I unlock my Blackboard account?
From Site Manager select USERS & GROUPS. Select Settings. Select Automatically Unlock User Account.
Why can’t I see my courses on Blackboard?
Courses may not appear in the My Courses module in Blackboard for a few reasons: The instructor has not yet published the course for student view (most common reason). The student has not yet successfully registered and paid for the course. There may be an issue with the student’s enrollment.
Can I access Blackboard after graduation?
Students who graduate will have access to Blackboard for 400 days after graduation. Students who are dismissed will have access for 255 days. Students who formally withdraw will have access for 10 days.
How do I make content available to students on Blackboard?
Under My Courses on the Home tab, click the name of the “NOT AVAILABLE” course that you want your students to be able to access. Under Course Management, click Customization. Click Properties. Click Yes next to Make Course Available.
How do I delete content from Blackboard?
Locate the file(s) you wish to delete and check the checkboxes to the left of the filenames. 2. Click the Delete button at the top of the page. You will now see a screen labeled Course Content.
Can you delete a submission on Blackboard as a student?
On the screen that appears, find the submission near the bottom of the screen. To the right of the entry, click the button labeled Clear Attempt. Click OK on the popup window that appears. Once again, this is not reversible once chosen.
Can I submit an assignment on blackboard?
Open the assignment. On the Upload Assignment page, review the instructions, due date, points possible, and download any files provided by your instructor. If your instructor has added a rubric for grading, you can view it. Select Write Submission to expand the area where you can type your submission.
How do I edit an assignment on blackboard?
Locate the assignment that you wish to edit, and hover over the link for the assignment. Click the chevron button that appears next to the assignment and select Edit from the menu.
How do I edit a discussion board on Blackboard?
Edit a forum
- On the Discussion Board page, open a forum’s menu and select Edit.
- On the Edit Forum page, change the forum’s name, description, availability, or settings.
- Select Submit.
How do I make a discussion board on Blackboard?
Creating a Discussion Forum
- On the main Discussion Board page, on the Action Bar, click Create Forum.
- On the Create Forum page, type a Name. Users click this name to access the forum.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Description text box.
- Under Forum Availability, select the Yes option.
- Select Forum Settings.
- Click Submit.
How do you respond to a discussion post?
There are three main ways to respond constructively to a post: “No, because…” • “Yes, and…” • “Yes, but…” If you disagree with someone’s post, show that you appreciate that your classmate has an opinion, even if it’s different from your own. Don’t personally attack the writer, and avoid using emotional appeals.
Where is the discussion draft on Blackboard?
To access your drafts, return to the forum page and set it to List View. Access the Display menu and select Drafts Only to view the saved post.
What does mark for removal mean in Blackboard?
Use the Mark For Removal tool to delete drafts before submitting.