What is an IOC in IB?
During the IB English Individual Oral Commentary (IOC), you will be presented with an excerpt from a text you have studied in class. It could be a short section of a novel or an entire poem.
How do I create a global issue IB?
The global issue chosen for consideration should be significant on a wide scale, be transnational in nature, and be an issue that has an impact felt in everyday local contexts. The issue should be clearly evidenced in the extracts or texts chosen.
What is an example of a global issue?
Global issues are problems and risks that impact multiple countries….71 Examples of Global Issues.
|Access to Education||Atomic Energy|
|Pandemics||Peace & Security|
|Political Equality||Political Stability|
What are some global issues today?
- Marine Conservation.
- Wildlife Conservation.
- Global Public Health.
- Environmental and Corporate Sustainability.
- Human Rights and Access to Justice.
- Social Economic Development.
- Climate Crisis and Clean Energy.
- Education for Development.
What are the 12 skills for the 21st century challenges?
The twelve 21st Century skills are:
- Critical thinking.
- Information literacy.
- Media literacy.
- Technology literacy.
What is the biggest challenge to youth today?
Top 10 Social Issues Teens Struggle With Today
- Depression. According to The National Institute of Mental Health, an estimated 3.2 million adolescents in the United States had at least one major depressive episode in 2017.
- Sexual Activity.
- Drug Use.
- Alcohol Use.
- Academic Problems.
- Peer Pressure.
What are some issues facing youth today?
The biggest challenges facing young people today
- In Australia, children aged up to 14 years old make up 18.7% of the population, and they face a number of challenges in life.
- Suicide rates.
- Juvenile detention.
- Family violence.
- Societal pressure.
- We need to nurture Australia’s youth.
How can I be an effective youth leader?
10 Ways to Be a Great Youth Leader
- Have a plan, but remain flexible. Kids are trying to figure things out.
- Model behavior. Don’t fall into the “do as I say, not as I do” trap.
- Empower others.
- Get organized.
- Wear a thick skin.
- View learning as a two-way street.
- Be ready for anything.
- Remember: it’s not all about you!
How can I make my youth fellowship interesting?
Design your activities with your group members’ ages in mind, and the kids will have fun no matter how silly or serious the activities are.
- Fun Youth Group Activities and Games.
- Fellowship Youth Group Activity Ideas.
- Bible Activities for Teens.
- Youth Group Activities With a Message.
- In God We Trust.
- Kindness Is Key.
What is the character of youth?
Youth is the time of life when one is young, and often means the time between childhood and adulthood (maturity). It is also defined as “the appearance, freshness, vigor, spirit, etc., characteristic of one who is young”.
What are the qualities of a good youth?
Kennedy ’48 stated, “This world demands the qualities of youth: not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure of the life of ease.” As you venture outside Harvard’s gates and join the ranks of world …
Is it correct to say youths?
Youths is only appropriate in the sense of more than one young person, especially a young male. If you need to use the word this way, it will probably be less confusing for your audience to use a more familiar term like teenagers, boys, or young adults instead.
How do youth sizes run?
Kids’ Shoe Sizes by the Numbers Important: These shoes are often marked with “T” for toddler up to size 7 (e.g., 4T, 5T, 6T, 7T). Sizes 8–13 are typically marked with “Kids” (e.g., 8 Kids, 9 Kids, 10 Kids, etc.). Bigger kids’ sizes run from 1–7 (or up to 6 with some brands): Here’s where lots of parents get tripped up.