What is graphics in MS Word?
Microsoft Word allows to simply insert graphics in a document. Graphics are give life to the dull and boring text documents.
How do I use graphics in Word?
On the Insert menu, select SmartArt Graphic. On the SmartArt tab of the ribbon, in the Insert SmartArt Graphic group, select at the type of graphic you want (List, Process, etc.), and then select a layout. Enter your text by doing one of the following: Click [Text] in the Text pane, and then type your text.
Why do images or graphics in Microsoft Word hurt the document rather than help?
Answer: When the pictures, images or graphics take up far more space on the page than necessary… they hurt the document rather than help. Pictures and graphics in documents should be there to clarify the text or texts – and not ‘overtake’ the significance of written words.
How you can insert pictures or images in a Word document?
Insert a picture in Word or PowerPoint
- Click the location in your document where you want to insert a picture.
- On the Home tab, under Insert, click Picture, and then click Photo Browser or Picture from File.
What file contains the information you need to merge with your main document?
A Data Source is a file that contains the information to be merged with the Main Document, such as names and addresses. The Data Source file can be a Word table, an Excel spreadsheet, an Access table, or a text-delimited file. Important: You must connect to a Data Source before you can use it in a Mail Merge.
What are the steps in creating a simple merge?
Mail Merge in 6 Simple Steps
- Create new – Just add in your source file.
- Select recipients list – Select what you want from your file.
- Insert placeholders – Again so simple just drag where you want the title, name and address to go or whatever filters you have.
- Filter recipients – If you want to filter the document you can do this here.
What file contains the information you need to merge with your main document quizlet?
The data source is a file that contains the information to be merged into the main document, for example, names and addresses.
Which of the following button do you select if you want to open a new document?
If you already have a file open in Word, you can create a new document by clicking File>New. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+N (Command+N for Mac). To open a blank document, double-click the blank document option.
What are the steps in saving a document?
How to save a document
- You’ll need:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions to save a document.
- Step 1: Start a new document in Word and type your text.
- Step 2: Click File in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 3: From the menu, choose Save.
- Step 4: A ‘Save’ dialogue box will come up.
How do I create a document on my computer?
To create a new blank document:
- Click the Microsoft Office button.
- Select New. The New Document dialog box appears.
- Select Blank document under the Blank and recent section. It will be highlighted by default.
- Click Create. A new blank document appears in the Word window.
How do you save a document on a laptop?
Here are a few ways to save a file:
- Click File on the top menu, choose Save, and save your document in your Documents folder or to your desktop for easy retrieval later. (Pressing the Alt key, followed by the F key and the S key, does the same thing.)
- Click the Save icon.
- Hold down Ctrl and press the S key.
What is the shortcut to close a document?
Create and Edit Documents
- Create a new document. Ctrl+N.
- Open a document. Ctrl+O.
- Close a document. Ctrl+W.
- Split the document window. Alt+Ctrl+S.
- Remove the document window split. Alt+Shift+C or Alt+Ctrl+S.
- Save a document. Ctrl+S.
How do I change the text size on my Android?
Basically there are two ways to do that: 1. Under Messaging Apps Settings Once you’re in messaging apps settings, tap on menu button and you will “Font Size” tap on it. And you will get list of all the text size, tap the one you want to set.
What is the shortcut to change the font size on a laptop?
To increase the font size, press Ctrl + ] . (Press and hold the Ctrl , then press the right bracket key.) To decrease the font size, press Ctrl + [ . (Press and hold the Ctrl , then press the left bracket key.)
How do I make my battery percentage visible?
Configure Battery Percentage.
- 1 Go to the Settings menu > Notifications.
- 2 Tap on Status Bar.
- 3 Toggle the switch to show battery percentage. You will be able to see the changes reflect on the Status bar.
How do you show battery on lock screen?
Displaying battery life in the notification area and on the lock…
- Tap > Settings.
- In the Widgets section, tap Notification area. A screen with the feature description opens.
- In the upper part of the screen, turn on the switch.
- If you want to view the battery level percentage in your device’s status bar, turn on Show percentage of battery remaining in the status bar.
Where is my status bar?
Status bar (or notification bar) is an interface element at the top of the screen on Android devices that displays the notification icons, battery information and other system status details.