What is humus how is it useful?
Humus is the organic matter present in and on the soil. Humus is important to soil as it adds nutrients to soil which increases it’s fertility and allows growth of Healthy plants. Humus rich soil makes the plant roots easy to grow by providing them with abundant nutrients, water and oxygen.
What does liquid humus do?
Liquid humus is an alkaline suspension containing humic and fulvic acids, which can facilitate C addition to the soil through the irrigation system to increase OM and soil fertility levels.
How do you use liquid humus?
- Vegetables & Flowers: Mix 3 Tbsp Humate per gallon water.
- Indoor Plants: Use 1 Tbsp per 32 oz of water.
- Lawns: Use 16 oz per 1,000 square feet.
- Trees: When planting, mix 2 Tbsp per gallon of water.
- Seeds: Soak in 1 tsp per gallon of water or until seed skin is penetrated, plant immediately.
How do you use POW humus?
These are concentrated crystallised flakes which are to be dissolved in water and then applied either through soil or foliar application (this is where you spray on to the top and underside of the leaves for absorption). The exact doses will vary depending on the specific use and the plants you are fertilising.
Can you put too much humic acid on lawn?
People will also ask if it’s possible to apply too much humic acid to the lawn and the answer is no. You won’t harm the lawn with too much humic acid but for sure, you will waste it. In other words, throwing down more than the labeled rate will not hurt anything, but it certainly is wasteful and expensive.
How often should I apply humic acid to my lawn?
- Initially apply heavily at 1½ oz per 100 sf or 12 oz per 1000 sf. After applying give the lawn a good watering to move the Humic Acid into the root zone.
- Apply again in 3 weeks at 1 oz per 100 sf or – 6 oz per 1000 sf and water in.
- Then apply every 6 weeks at the 1 oz per 100 sf or 6 oz per 1000 sf.
When Should I spray my lawn with humic acid?
How to Apply Humic Acid
- Choose a windless day in spring or fall, when your lawn is green and growing.
- Plan to apply in the morning (before 9 AM) or evening (after 5 PM)
- Spread a natural fertilizer that works by fueling microorganisms on your lawn.
- Mix 2 ounces of liquid humic acid per gallon of water.
Is revive good for your lawn?
Revive is an excellent slow release carbon source for the soil microbes and increases soil cation exchange capacity. Perfect for solving brown spots in turf plus increasing water penetration, breaking up and loosening hard soils. Revive granules are terrific for lawns & gardens.
How often should I use revive on my lawn?
How often should I use REVIVE? A good rule of thumb is every time you fertilize, but that can vary from homeowner to homeowner. Because the wetting agents will begin to lose their effectiveness after about six weeks, we suggest a treatment once every six weeks.
Do you water after using revive?
For best results, thoroughly water after application. Revive can easily be applied with a sprinkling can, hoseend spraying device or pressure sprayer.