What is one key question a CERT member must consider while working?
What is the one key question a CERT member must consider while working? Is it safe for me to do this task? -is the one key question a CERT member must consider while working. This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
What are the three steps a CERT member needs to take into consideration when giving a size up?
-The CERT mission is to locate; triage; treat airway, major bleeding, and shock; continue size up; and document….
- Gather facts.
- Assess damage.
- Consider probabilities.
- Assess your situation.
- Establish priorities.
- Make decisions.
- Develop a plan of action.
- Take action.
What is the first thing the CERT member does during a disaster?
Team members are trained to always address their own safety first, so that they are able to do the greatest good for the greatest number of people. During an emergency, Campus CERT members assist first responders as requested and help communicate information about the situation to building occupants.
What does the CERT program support quizlet?
Which of the following items describes the CERT Program? Educates the public in disaster preparedness and disaster response.
What is the main feature of the CERT program?
The main feature of the CERT Program: educates volunteers about disaster preparedness for the hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, [ and disaster medical operations. ]
Who becomes a vital link in the emergency service chain?
In the immediate aftermath of an extreme emergency or disaster, needs will be greater than professional emergency services personnel can provide. In these instances, CERTs become a vital link in the emergency service chain.
What is most critical to CERT decision making?
What is most critical to CERT decision-making? fire.
What is 5 F’s certification?
Unit 5 – The Five F’s – Reaction to Disasters, Listen, Protect, Connect, Managing the Death scene. Unit 6 – CERT Priorities, CERT Goals, DOT Placards, Global Harmonized System, UN and NA Placards, still stop signs for CERT.
When a disaster occurs what is the ultimate goal of CERT?
The goal of on-scene physiological; intervention by CERT members is to stabilize the incident scene by stabilizing individuals. You come across a man who is in shock and bleeding from his chest.
What are the four key principles of emergency management?
Current thinking defines four phases of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Is 317 a certificate?
‘Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT),’ IS-317, is an independent study course that serves as an introduction to CERT for those interested in completing the basic CERT training or as a refresher for current team members.
What are the five types of disasters?
Types of Disaster[edit | edit source]
- Geophysical (e.g. Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunamis and Volcanic Activity)
- Hydrological (e.g. Avalanches and Floods)
- Climatological (e.g. Extreme Temperatures, Drought and Wildfires)
- Meteorological (e.g. Cyclones and Storms/Wave Surges)
Which sport has most deaths?
Here are the 5 most deadly sports in the world.
- Base Jumping. Deaths per 100,000 population: 43.17. Odds of dying: 1 in 2,317.
- Swimming. Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.77.
- Cycling. Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.08.
- Running. Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.03.
- Skydiving. Deaths per 100,000 population: 0.99.
What is the most boring sport to watch?
My list of most boring sports:
- The Little League World Series.
- Women’s softball, basketball, golf.
- Non-Semifinals or Finals tennis.
- Regular season baseball – which is sad, because I grew up watching 140 Braves games a year.
- Hockey – Where.
What is the laziest sport?
Feeling Lazy? Here are 5 Sports That Don’t Require Much Effort!
- Golf. Golf is undoubtedly an incredibly difficult and technical sport to grasp, and we’re not trying to offend any keen golfers by calling them lazy!
- Lawn Bowls.
What is the most fun sport to watch?
There are many great sports to watch on TV such as baseball, hockey, soccer and golf, but the most entertaining sport to watch on television is NFL football.
What is the easiest sport to go pro?
5 Easiest Sports to Go Pro In
- Soccer. Soccer is a very difficult sport to play, although there are numerous professional leagues all over the world with many subdivisions to each.
- Fishing. Although not the sexiest sport, it is indeed a sport.
What is the hardest sport mentally?
Top 5 Most Mentally Challenging Sports
- Why individual sports are so mental. There’s no one else to rely on in individual sports.
- Recognize the key moments that make or break your performance.
- #1 Swimming.
- #2 Gymnastics.
- #3 Tennis.
- #4 Golf.
- #5 Baseball.
- Link up physical training with mental training.