What is portfolio in job application?
A portfolio is a collection of work samples that you can bring to an interview, send to a prospective employer, or even post online. They can: Provide evidence of work that you’ve done. Illustrate your skills and abilities. Show the quality of your work.
What kind of portfolio is used when applying for a job?
You can include a digital portfolio along with your resume and cover letter when you apply for a job. Many employers, especially in creative fields such as design or writing, encourage applicants to do this. You can also showcase it on your website for potential clients or employers to browse.
What should I write in my portfolio?
What should be included in my portfolio?
- Statement of Originality: A paragraph stating that this is your work and that it is confidential.
- Work Philosophy: A brief description of your beliefs about yourself and the industry.
- Career Goals: Your professional goals for the next five years.
- Resume: (add Resume Writing link)
How do I create a portfolio in Word?
How to Create a Portfolio in Microsoft Word
- Create a Portfolio Folder. Launch File Explorer and navigate to your Documents folder.
- Cover Page. Identify an appropriate cover for the portfolio’s subject and find an appropriate template.
- Content Pages.
- Adding Tables.
- Adding Spreadsheets.
- Adding Images.
How do you set up a table of contents in Word?
Create the table of contents
- Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document.
- Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do I align dots in Word?
Adjust the Tab Alignment Settings
- In the box for “Tab stop position” type “5” as indicated by the blue arrow.
- In the “Alignment” area, select right as indicated by the yellow arrow.
- In the “Leader” area, select the choice for dots or lines, whichever you prefer.
- Select OK.
How do I link headings to Table of Contents in Word?
Add the link
- Select the text or object you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Right-click and then click Hyperlink .
- Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
- In the list, select the heading or bookmark that you want to link to.
How do I fix table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I start page numbers after table of contents in Word?
Click Page Number > Format Page Numbers to open the Page Number Format dialog box.
- To start numbering with 1, click Start at, and type 1 (otherwise, Word will automatically apply the actual page number).
- When you’re done, click Close Header and Footer or double-click anywhere outside the header or footer area.
How do I exclude a page 1 in Word?
Remove the page number from the first page
- Go to Insert > Header & Footer.
- SelectOptions on the right side, and then select Different First Page.
- Select Options again, and then select Remove Page Numbers.
- To see your page numbers and confirm deletion of the number from the first page, go to View > Reading View.
Is there a table of contents in APA format?
APA format guidelines for the table of contents. In a thesis or dissertation, the table of contents comes between your abstract and your introduction. It should be written in the same font and size as the rest of your text (usually 12 pt Times New Roman). At the top of the page, write Contents, centered and in bold.