What is the best knowledge base software?
Integrated knowledge base software (5 options)
- Groove. Capterra Rating: 4.5/5. Best for: Startups, small businesses looking for KB that can be set up and used in less than 20 minutes.
- Freshdesk. Capterra Rating: 4.5/5.
- ZenDesk. Capterra Rating: 4.3/5.
- LiveAgent. Capterra Rating: 4.7/5.
- Help Scout. Rating: 4.7/5.
What should a knowledge base contain?
The knowledge base may include FAQs, manuals, troubleshooting guides, runbooks, and other information your team may want or need to know. Many knowledge bases are structured around artificial intelligence that can interact and respond to user input. Others are simply indexed encyclopedias.
What should be included in a knowledge base?
You can have knowledge base articles about your terms and conditions, as well as your products, services, hardware, or software. A knowledge base can include troubleshooting guides, FAQs, product tutorials, or any other essential details that your customers might find useful.
How do you build a knowledge base?
Here’s the basic process of building a knowledge base:
- Decide on the core elements of your knowledge base.
- Choose your knowledge base content.
- Agree on the structure of your knowledge base articles.
- Write your knowledge base articles.
- Add visuals to your content.
- Publish your knowledge base.
- Analyze and improve your articles.
How do you write a good knowledge base article?
8 Best Practices for Writing Effective Knowledge Base Articles
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Use anchor links in lengthy articles.
- Make the content easy to skim.
- Make the content easy to read.
- Organize your article logically.
- Use links strategically.
- Stick with simple article titles.
- Use images to save time and create clarity.
Is confluence a knowledge base?
Confluence is knowledge base software that gives teams quick and easy access to solutions.
Why do you need a knowledge base?
Why is a knowledge base important? Your knowledge base isn’t just helpful for customers, it’s also useful for your staff. A well-structured, clearly written, and cleanly designed knowledge base helps customers help themselves, acts as a learning tool for new staff, and can even be a source for machine learning.
How does a knowledge base improve productivity?
People can share information quickly, avoiding double tasks and minimising communication errors. As it facilitates communication and collaboration, a knowledge base maintains workflows and increases efficiency. Employees work better, deal with less stress, and stay happy!