What is the best time to have a garage sale?
What’s the best time and best place for your garage sale?
- The best time is generally spring, especially early spring.
- Summer is next best if it isn’t too hot.
- End of summer and fall are often ignored but can also be successful because the weather’s just as nice, and there’s less competition.
Why do garage sales start so early?
You get top dollar (top dollar for a yard sale, anyway) for your goods to make up for the inconvenience early birds cause. Collectors come early because they’re shopping for something specific, usually antique and vintage items. They will gladly pay a bit more (within reason) if you have what they so desperately want.
Do clothes sell well at yard sales?
I’ve heard that adult clothes don’t typically do well at yard sales, but between our three families, we had maybe a total of 25-30 adult clothing pieces that we displayed, and they almost all sold! They were well-labeled, easy to see, and people gobbled them up—even at “premium” yard sale prices.
What items sell at garage sales?
Here’s a list of fairly standard prices for garage sale items:
- Books Paperbacks 25¢, hard covers $1.
- Children’s clothing 50¢ to $3.
- Adult clothing $1 to $3.
- Jewelry 50¢ to $2.
- Toys and games up to $3 (Package small groups of similar toys together in clear plastic bags.)
- Large outdoor toys up to $10.
What should I make and sell?
- Jewelry. Quality home-made jewelry is very popular because each item is usually unique.
- Art/Décor. People enjoy unique works of art to display in their home and office.
- Soap/Bath Products.
- Sewn Items.
- Decorative Dishes, Cups, and Glasses.
How do you hang clothes for a garage sale?
How to Display Clothing at a Yard Sale
- On a clothing rack. Using a clothing rack to display clothing is probably going to be your best option.
- Makeshift Clothing Rack.
- Display Yard Sale Clothing in piles.
- Yard sale clothing placed in plastic tubs.
- On the ground.
- By Outfit.
- By Size.
- By Gender.
How much change should you have for a garage sale?
Plenty of cash. Get two rolls of quarters, a stack of 50 $1 bills, 10 $5 bills, and 5 $10 bills. Do it two days before the sale so that, if you forget, you can still get the change on the day before. The general rule of thumb when you start pricing items for a garage sale is to go for one-third of their full price.