What is the reading day?
National Reading Day is an annual event that falls on the death anniversary of PN Panicker, the father of ‘Library Movement in Kerala’ in order to encourage reading among students all around the country.
What is a reading week in college?
Reading week is a break from lectures when students can catch up on readings from each module, get a head start on assignments and be a perfect student. For some top notch students this is a reality, but for most, reading week is simply a break from the stress of college.
Why is reading week a thing?
With reading week just around the corner, here are some reasons why I think reading week is crucial. Having a week off from school gives students time to catch up on sleep that they may have missed out on during classes. It’s a good time to rejuvenate both body and mind for the second half of the term.
What should I do in my free time in college?
5 things you can do in your free time at college
- Sleep. This might sound like an odd bit of advice.
- Work out. Unless you’re really into fitness, you’re probably not spending enough time on physical exercise.
- Study. Yup, you heard us – free time is ideal for studying.
- Go outside. Have you been spending all your days on campus?
- Follow up with your hobbies.
What can I do productive in free time?
7 Ways Successful People Spend Their Free Time
- They Exercise. Physical exercise is important for both physical and mental health.
- They Read. Reading is a lifelong skill, and successful people never stop reading new books.
- They Take Classes.
- They Volunteer.
- They Network.
- They Have Hobbies.
- They Spend Time With Friends and Family.
What do geniuses do in their free time?
Smart people exercise because they understand that exercise is healthy for both physical and mental health. They spend their free times doing exercises rather than eating and sleeping. Exercising regularly makes you become more disciplined for the betterment of your working environment.
Why is having too much free time a bad thing?
Having too much free time comes with a string of disadvantages such as boredom, procrastination, anxiety and even depression. It can lead to bad habit making, lack of focus as well as discipline. One strategy I’ve found useful in the past consists of scheduling activities to do each day for a set period of time.
What do you do when you have too much time?
7 Things To Do When You Have Too Much Free Time
- Learn About Your Passions. Maybe it was just me missing the idea of school, but I looked up taking classes so I could still learn while I wasn’t on campus.
- Try Something New.
- Do that one thing you always put on the back burner.
- Listen to new music.
- Listen to a recommendation.
- Call your family and friends.
What will happen to our life without recreation?
A Life Without Recreation, Leisure and Sports LRS allows people to expand themselves further than what they do for survival purposes. Without leisure and recreation we would be missing an essential part of our being, even our identity, as it impacts who we are when we are not being pressured to fit a specific role.
What is leisure time and why is it important?
The main reason that leisure time is important is that it gives a person the balance needed to focus on his or her other, more stressful, daily activities. Leisure time relieves boredom and stress and also improves one’s physical and emotional health.
What are your leisure time activities?
Reading, writing, cycling and driving are some of the leisure time activities.
What is work and leisure?
According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, work is defined as to perform or to fulfill duties regularly for wages or salary while leisure is defined as time free from work or duties. This skewed definition of these two terms sadly is our understanding and how we incorporate it into our lives.