What should be capitalized in APA references?
When referring to books, chapters, articles, or webpages, capitalize only the first letter of the first word of a title and subtitle, the first word after a colon or a dash in the title, and proper nouns. Italicize titles of longer works such as books and journals.
Do you capitalize proper nouns in APA reference list?
Capitalize the first word of the title/heading and of any subtitle/subheading; Capitalize any proper nouns and certain other types of words; and. Use lowercase for everything else.
Do you capitalize every word in a title apa?
The principal words of a title include the first and last words of that title, which you should always capitalize. You should also capitalize all verbs (including infinitives), nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs and some conjunctions. Finally, capitalize every word that is more than three letters long.
What words are not capitalized in a title apa?
Do not capitalize articles (a, an, the), the coordinating conjunctions (and, but, or, nor, for, so, yet), or the words to and as unless such a word is the first or last word in the title or subtitle.
How do I know what to capitalize in a title?
The capitalization rules are as follows:
- Capitalize words with three or more letters.
- Capitalize the first and the last word.
- Capitalize nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, and subordinate conjunctions.
- Lowercase articles (a, an, the), coordinating conjunctions, and prepositions.
How should a reference page look APA?
Formatting the APA Reference Page
- “References” is centered 1-inch down. It’s not capitalized, bold, or italicized.
- The reference citations are double spaced with no additional lines between them.
- References that go past the first line have a hanging indent.
- All references are in alphabetical order.
How do I make a reference list alphabetically?
Sort a list alphabetically in Word
- Select the list you want to sort.
- Go to Home > Sort.
- Set Sort by to Paragraphs and Text.
- Choose Ascending (A to Z) or Descending (Z to A).
- Select OK.
What is the correct reference format for a book?
References to books should include the following:
- The author(s), or editor(s) – by surname and initial(s)
- The title (in italics or bold)
- The edition other than the first (if applicable)
- The publisher’s name.
- Year of publication.
- Edited publications.
What are references materials?
Reference materials are various sources that provide background information or quick facts on any given topic.
What is online reference sources?
General Reference Sources Specific Reference Sources. Dictionaries, Thesauri, and Other Language Tools. Encyclopedias, Collections of Information, and Fact Books. Phone Directories, Organizational Listings, and Geographical Maps. Of Particular Interest to Indexers.
What is general reference map?
General Reference Maps These are simple maps showing important physical (natural and man–made) features in an area. Their main purpose is to summarise the landscape to aid discovery of locations. They are usually easy to read and understand. Most of the early mapping of the Earth falls into this group.
What’s an example of a reference map?
Reference maps show the location of geographic boundaries, physical features of Earth, or cultural features such as places, cities, and roads. Political maps, physical maps, road maps, topographic maps, time zone maps, geologic maps, and zip code maps are all examples of reference maps.
What are the 4 types of maps?
Types of Maps
- General Reference.
- Thematic Maps.
- Topographic Maps.
- Cadastral Maps and Plans.
- Navigation Charts.
- Series Maps.
What do reference maps show?
Reference maps show the boundaries and names of geographic areas for which the Census Bureau tabulates statistical data, but do not visualize the data. Some types of reference maps show and identify geographic features that are part of the boundary. Examples are roads and water features.