What was the main food crop in southern China?
Rice, China’s most important crop, is dominant in the southern provinces, many of which yield two harvests per year.
What was agriculture like in ancient China?
Ancient China agriculture relied on two staple crops which were rice and millet. Rice was grown in the warm and wet southern portions of the country. Millet was grown in the northern portion where the climate was dry and cool. The first farming tools were made of bone and attached to wooden handles.
What type of agriculture does China have?
China primarily produces rice, wheat, potatoes, tomato, sorghum, peanuts, tea, millet, barley, cotton, oilseed, corn and soybeans.
What were the most important element in early Chinese life?
Terms in this set (26)
- The most important element in early Chinese life was the.
- Confucian philosophy was important because the teaching.
- One of the central ideas of Confucianism was.
- Confucius believed that people in authority should.
- One of Shi Huangdi’s greatest achievements was.
- The Silk Road was important because.
Where was the birthplace of agriculture?
What are the two main kinds of agricultural products?
Answer: Currently, agriculture is divided into two different types, including industrialized agriculture and subsistence agriculture.
What are the forms of alternative farming?
Over decades of science and practice, several key sustainable farming practices have emerged—for example:
- Rotating crops and embracing diversity.
- Planting cover crops.
- Reducing or eliminating tillage.
- Applying integrated pest management (IPM).
- Integrating livestock and crops.
- Adopting agroforestry practices.
What are the types of cropping pattern?
There are three types of cropping patterns:
- Mixed Cropping: Growing two or more crops simultaneously on the same piece of land. Minimises the risk of crop failure.
- Inter-cropping: Growing two or more crops simultaneously in the same field in a definite pattern.
- Crop Rotation:
What is the different cropping patterns?
Types of Cropping Systems: Mono cropping; Crop Rotation; Sequential Cropping; Inter Cropping; Relay Cropping – Civilsdaily.